nitrocrazed

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark

I'm very interested in the V180 engine

I know it may need some refinement but I would like to know the weight of the engine and how much it cost in $AUS and where can I get one from in Oz?

I think the engine has huge potential and would be willing to spend time/$ to get it up to speed not to mention the sound that it will make.

One more thing what size prop?

Hope you can help. Merry Xmas.

Mark,

The engines weighs about 2kg with headers, which is about double the weight of a 90. In a mono you may squeeze it into 5" rails, but 6" would be easier. I mounted it in a rigger tub that was 6" wide. It is also quite long.

I think the engine could be quite good if the problems are fixed. I am reasonably certain that they have changed the design of the centre crankshaft since I got mine, but I have not seen what has been done.

I dont know the current cost. Contact Craig Chenco for more info, he can supply them, but I think they may be made to order as mine took months to get to me: [email protected]

Prop size depends on what sort of hull you intend to use for it. I have mine in a rigger and the only time I had it going I was running a Prop Shop 8015. I also have a 8018/3 and 8516. For a mono you may want a 8015/3 or /4. These are available from Tony Grinter of Hobby Supplies. He doesn't stock such sizes but can get them in: [email protected]

I did sound good, and was actually very easy to start. Good luck, and Merry Christmas!

Ian.

Hi Mark

I might be able to get you one in no time at all!

I have already got one, the new version according to Nimrif models. (Nimrif is the distributer). It has never been started ;)

The price would be down to earth 600 GBP, including two headers, two pipes and remote needle!

Happy newyear

Morten

Back