Nitro-engines...?!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tomzeren

Hello..

Was wondering if anyone could explain a littlebit about nitro-engines to me??Things that can be useful when I get my first nitro-engine...Practical things like maintaining and stuff??I am very thankful to all of your answers and I need all the info that i can get.. ;D..

Thanks

Tomzern 8)

Let us know what size and brand that you have or are thinking of putting in your boat. Then we can give you a better idea of how to set it up also as far as pipe length, prop, etc.

Start by using good fuel with an oil content of 20%, run it rich when first breaking it in, then lean it down to where it has a slight lag in it when you hit the throttle. Carry extra glow plugs as you will need them at some point. Flush out the motor after a days running with an after-run oil, ATF, WD-40 or something like Marvel Mystery Oil. There are so many things on this subject, we could do another 40 pages on it.

well lets say i am going to put a .21 in it then... : :)

I dont really know yet..*What do you think would be best for my boat?...Look at the other topic that i posted a few days ago to see some specs and pics ;D

Thanks

Tomzeren

TZ,

I can provide you a good motor, an A-.45 made by P-I-P. I'll even split shipping to Norway w/you.

"Precision-in-Perfection Motors

A-45 motor, complete with header, third needle, pipe and spring.

$350.00 US Dollars.$305.00 less pipe plus shipping. Where is your other post?

These motors are great, fast and don't break. Thet also give maximum performance on very low nitro.

[email protected]

Thanks for your offer, but I really dont have that much money now :'(, so i'll start up with the things that doesn't cost too much first (fixing the hull, making the rudder and stuff). I hope that i can get such a good offer when I AM going to bye the engine though :)

Don't ya think that an A-45 would be a little to large for my hull? ???

Specs:

length: 29"

Length in water: 26,4"

Width: 10,2"

Weight: 2,5-3,0 kilos

Its made out of glassfibre

: :)

I am not an export, but I wouldn't put any engine over a 3.5cc in a 30" hull. It doesn't look like that hull is built for high speeds anyways. Just my 2 cents.

TZ

You need to give Hammerhead a instant message or Email he has some OS 21's I think in the $100.00 range + shipping . That would be perfect for that boat and when you get tired of that boat you can use it in most all the other type boats .

Trust me you will get tired of the boat and want more speed !! that is not a performance hull !!!! But when you do get a new boat hull you will have everthing you need to put on the new boat off of the old one. ie engine, radio, exhaust sytem, running hardware !!!!

HAVE FUN !!! ;D

Wade !!! EXPORT ??? ;D

Still have a lot of those engines left. They are good engines. If you just wanna putt putt around, run them rich like the trainer plane guys do. You should be able to get nearly endless hours out of that O.S. 21 XM

It is also a pull start. You won't need a lot of pit gear to get it started. If you wanna go fast and have an engine that will last, I recommend you save your money and first, get a new boat, then second, think about Rossi, Mac, CMB, or something.

Ohh..Thought you were all sold out a long time ago Hammerhead :eek:

I'll think about it and maybe i will contact you when I have the money : :)

This is going to be my first boat ever, so it doesn't matter if it goes fast or not, but I dont want it to go too slow either :D

How high speeds do you think i can reach with the O.S .21 SE-MX??

???

Thanks

Tomzern ;D

I would go with the OS engine for your first nitro engine, there very easy to tune verses others.

My first nitro was a OS and it was very forgiving to me. Let it run on the rich side, It will go for a long time. Make sure that ANY nitro engine you run, use a oil after running. I use a air tool oil in my engines.

Save your money untill you can get a name brand engine, isnt worth the BS to buy a cheep motor. My.02

good luck with the new boat.

Nitrotoys,

I was wondering how long it would be before someone would say they used air tool oil. Everyone talks about there concoction's but no one would say it. I've been using Marvel air tool oil for 15 years. It is excellent !!! The best I have seen, no more internal pitting or fungus growing !! Not even a speck of rust anywhere no problems with bearings rusting or the cages turning dark !! A quart goes a long way .

Waterbug,

I been useing the air tool oil for sometime now, sence i seen Gary Pruesse useing it, and I said something about it, and he said its the same as after run oil, but 1/3 the price. I do flush out the engines with wd-40 first, then put the air tool oil in it. the wd helps get out the moisture, then the oil coats it good.

Now a friend of mine, NEVER has put in any kind of oil in his nitro engines, So far so good for him, but i prefer the added lube to be sure its not going to rust up in there. I always ask him about it too, He said WHY?? When it dont turn over for rusty bearings, I can say THATS WHY.

Back