Newbie needs a RTR rec

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
N

Nooob

Hi,

Can someone recommend a good RTR GASOLINE boat (deep vee I guess) in the $300-600 range? I like the Miss Bud, but I don't like the Nitro engine and can't wait for the 1/8th scale gas to come out.

Thanks!

Not being funny here, but I think the only place a RTR gasoline boat can be found is EBAY. (I would love to be corrected here if there is a company that does have one at that price) When you consider all the componants involved in building a boat; minimum engine cost around $100 for a lower end model, $100 for bottom end hardware, $75 for a bottom end radio, $200 for a bottom end hull with gel-coat or paint, you end up with $125 left over for the company to split up between assembly costs and profit. As well, you would likely not be very happy with a boat constructed from all bottom end products.

Really? I saw so many boats (like the Miss Bud) for great low prices, but I didn't know that gas boats cost so much more :(

Just my .02 worth here, I started out with a boat from Ebay, Ended up dumping a HELL Of alot of money into it, then built one at the same time. Ebay is fine for props and parts and what not, But as far as motors being **** ( which i had)

But boat is set up to MY WAY NOW, and I love it, I would say get a hull and go from there. Save and buy, save and buy.

Ok, so I guess I'll just wait for the Miss Bud 1/8th to come out.

For now I ordered an Air Boat hull to put all my crashed plane's gear into (OS MAX FX .46/ Futaba 6 ch). It cost me only $100 and the parts that have been collecting dust in my garage for years so it's a good start to RC boating that won't hurt me if I lose the boat or crash.

If the gas Miss Bud 1/8th takes too long to be released I might buy the Nitro 1/12th scale model as a second boat.

Thanks for all the help guys!

the pro boats arent worth the money, the glass is thin, the stuffing tubes break from the hull, and the speed for a hydro is only 35 mph........very slow. the 1100 dollars the gas boat costs can get you a nice set up from aeromarine that will last and will have some zip. just dont want to see you waste your money, you can get better products for your money.

Latest posts

Back