New THOR 355 to be released soon!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice looking boat Ron.Like to have the skills to build one.LOL

Dave Roach
Lol...you know I couldn't have done it without you!!!! Beautiful builds Dave...
default_smile.png

rough water test...can some of the guys who own one of these beauties tell the difference between the Thor and lets say Lynx in these conditions.....????

Thanks Peter for posting very nice pictures....
We will need to do a little more testing before we can say how is compares 100%. So far, and after the hurricane test this past weekend...everything looks good.
-Carl
That's right Carl. The testing on somewhat reasonable water on Wed and Thurs tells me both of these boat designs will win a lot of races, and not just by me!!!!!...
default_smile.png

That's because you need to show up to races in order to win them Ron
default_tongue.png

Carl do you have an estimated time to release to public on the 355 and also the gas boat as well?

rough water test...can some of the guys who own one of these beauties tell the difference between the Thor and lets say Lynx in these conditions.....????

We will need to do a little more testing before we can say how is compares 100%. So far, and after the hurricane test this past weekend...everything looks good.

-Carl

That's right Carl. The testing on somewhat reasonable water on Wed and Thurs tells me both of these boat designs will win a lot of races, and not just by me!!!!!...
default_smile.png

That's because you need to show up to races in order to win them Ron
default_tongue.png

Carl do you have an estimated time to release to public on the 355 and also the gas boat as well?

-Carl
default_smile.png
Hey Matt,

After Kevin Lee runs his 355 this weekend I can better answer that question and as for the 470 Gas tunnel, it has been released for over two months now so if you want one just let me know. If you are reading this and have a request in for a 295, just PayPal me and your request will become an order as soon as I see it pop up. My laser guy is small and only works 4 hours a day but he gets a lot done when he gets around to my stuff.

Email me if you have any questions at: [email protected]

Thanks

-Carl

Last edited by a moderator:
Carl, how much is the gas kit? Your website isn't updated
default_sad.png
Also do you have pictures of the transom without a motor mounted?

Ron - I still don't see you signed up for a certain race in Florida in November!

Ron - I still don't see you signed up for a certain race in Florida in November!
Matt,

We have the Elizabeth City SAWS the weekend of November 9th now so I doubt I will be making the trip. I hope you all have a great race.

-Carl
So far it seems Carl made a very nice series of boats......

I am jealous of guys having the time, the skills and the playground ( or should I say play water) to play with rc boats......

-Carl

I am jealous of guys having the time, the skills and the playground ( or should I say play water) to play with rc boats......
Ronald,

You don't have it too bad...you get to fly your jet all over the world and see all the hot chicks!

-Carl

-Carl

Ronald,

You don't have it too bad...you get to fly your jet all over the world and see all the hot chicks!

-Carl
partly true Carl.....

Just got the dates. I have been going to SAWS to help for a couple of years now. Hasn't even been announced on IMPBA website yet Kris. I know you guys will have fun. Maybe you can make the World Tunnel Champs one day.

default_sad.png

Hey Matt,

I have a sales bulletin. I will post it on here tonight when I get back from the ball game. I got to go right now. Check back tomorrow and it will be attached.

-Carl

Just got the dates. I have been going to SAWS to help for a couple of years now. Hasn't even been announced on IMPBA website yet Kris. I know you guys will have fun. Maybe you can make the World Tunnel Champs one day.
Already been and done that...back in the days when it was really a world tunnel champs and the champs from all over the states (and Canada!) came to race. Ronald used to make it there also...

Sorry Carl
default_smile.png
back on track for your thread

Matt,We have the Elizabeth City SAWS the weekend of November 9th now so I doubt I will be making the trip. I hope you all have a great race.
ahhhh HA
I knew you would squirm out any way you could!

O Well, we will have more fun without you anyway
default_rolleyes.gif
Your right Kris. More trophies to win without me there.....Lol. You guys have fun.

THOR thread back on track. ...
default_smile.png

default_sad.png

Matt,

I couldn't get the bulletin to load on here for some reason. The THOR 470 kit comes with a hand laid white gelcoat cowling that is rough trimmed to fit, complete assembly instructions and decals. Building this model is as easy as it gets. A first time builder can build this kit with ease. Once complete, the core of this frame provides unmatched lateral toughness and will take some serious punishment when these big boys run into each other in competition.

The kit is $437.00. This includes UPS ground shipping within the US.

-Carl

THOR 355 and 295 lineup ready for more testing and Fall Nats!!!....
default_smile.png

This 355 should be getting its first drink of water in a few hours...Looks like he already has a sponsor. I wonder how much he is getting paid for that add? Maybe he will get some free fuel... Actually Kevin said he has a few honey-do's to get done first. Maybe before the weekend is over he can get a quick run in. This is Kevin's first wooden boat build and looks like he has the hang of it.

The 355 is an "out of the box" design not only in its race configuration but It features some new things that greatly shorten the rigging time too. We call it the fire wall. If you look at the picture I added, you can see where the upper rear portion of the control box is open. The kit comes with a firewall plate that can be easily marked and drilled for controls and then put in position to check for alignment and if everything looks good, you glue it in. If not, you can just use that one as a pattern and cut another one right quick. Once you check it and have it just like you want it, you glue it into place. This really makes it easy to rig. We liked the concept so much that I added it to the 295 as well.

The gas boat will not have the fire wall because it is so easy to get to.

-Carl

Kevin Lees 355 v.jpg

KEVIN LEE 355 TOP.jpg

Back