New St Petersburg Fl Pond

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For SAW and 2-lap oval events do you just get the course/site professionally surveyed with threaded pipes cemented in the ground and then borrow the IMPBA equipement for the weekend?? It sounds that way from what I have read in the rule book.

How wide is the lake? Will you need to install a ficture in the middle of the water to support the infrared receiver?

Thanks.
Pond is too wide.....

Yes, you have to get the course surveyed.

You must have pipes cemented in the ground.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are some images of the new Pond and Drivers Stand.

Course Center from Drivers Stand

Course Left End

Course Right End

Drivers Stand Looking Northwest

Drivers Stand From Front

Drivers Stand Looking Southwest (Handicap Driving Area)

We are ready for all the boaters in Florida. Looking forward to showing you our new site and providing a race that you will be happy you attended.

Marty and crew. This is a very very sweet setup. I could only wish we could find something to make so nice. Awesome job guys!!

Here are some images of the new Pond and Drivers Stand.

Course Center from Drivers Stand

Course Left End

Course Right End

Drivers Stand Looking Northwest

Drivers Stand From Front

Drivers Stand Looking Southwest (Handicap Driving Area)

We are ready for all the boaters in Florida. Looking forward to showing you our new site and providing a race that you will be happy you attended.

Marty and crew. This is a very very sweet setup. I could only wish we could find something to make so nice. Awesome job guys!!
Having a Carpenter Like Tommy Cardoso made a BIG difference. He really knows how to design and build things well.

We had a great bunch of people who have helped over the past 4 or 5 weekends and it is all coming together very well. Only have a few thing to touch up to be ready for everyone. This is a great club and a bunch of people who really get along well. Hope we get 200 boats for this race.

Marty & Crew,,,,,

All I can say is WOW.

Truly sorry I am not down south to attend this one!!!! Only one question for Norm???? How far to the nearest BBQ joint,, I'm sure nothing like "Jazzy's right down the street.

Nice job guys,,, Nice job

Very nice i love the big drivers stand sorry we cant make this one to much going on we will be there in AUG.

Marty & Crew,,,,,

All I can say is WOW.

Truly sorry I am not down south to attend this one!!!! Only one question for Norm???? How far to the nearest BBQ joint,, I'm sure nothing like "Jazzy's right down the street.

I am working on bringing one in. :) We will be having several races this year.. pleanty of opportunities for you to come down and school the scale guys.

Marty & Crew,,,,,

All I can say is WOW.

We had a young Coast Guard Helicopter Crew guy come to the pond yesterday to inquire about joining. Thought that would be of interest to you.... :)

Marty

Marty & Crew,,,,,

All I can say is WOW.

We had a young Coast Guard Helicopter Crew guy come to the pond yesterday to inquire about joining. Thought that would be of interest to you.... :)

Marty
That is VERY cool Marty, I'm sure you guys will make him feel welcome

We will try this pond out this weekend to see how it works....

Will be nice to FINALLY get to run something.

Some important things about our new pond:

Plan your arrival at the pond so that you start your open water Friday at 10am rather than 8am. We have some final setup to do before we open the pond for open water. Included is getting the clock out on the platform so that we can run open water the rest of the day.

I will try to get to the pond at about 8am to open the gate to let everyone in.

There will be a paint line along the road which you need to be inside of. We MUST keep an open roadway through the entire pit area. This will be enforced.

We have several who require Handicap Tent Areas, those people will have pre-determined spots mapped out for them. Parking will be on top of the hill after unloading. No vehicles will be allowed in the tent area. You can drop your trailer and then park your vehicle at the top of the hill. Plenty of parking area for vehicles.

There will also be an area designated for overnight RV Parking on top of the hill.

Any questions, contact me for expanded information.

Marty Davis

Only 5 more days to get signed up for this race.

You don't want to miss the first race at our new site....

Marty Davis

Only 5 more days to get signed up for this race.

You don't want to miss the first race at our new site....

Marty Davis
Earlier in the year I was looking forward to the Tampa Club getting the site and having a race however money is short, sadly I will miss out!

Back