New RC Boat Electric SAW Speed Record! 120.7 mph!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

forresterace

Well Guys - It's happened. Joerg Mrkwitschka from Germany just set a new electric SAW speed record today in California. His two way avg. run was 120.7 mph! The first pass was 122 mph and he backed it up with a 119 mph run.

Congratulations Joerg, you da the man!

Anyone know what the fastest record for a Nitro powered R/C boat is???? I do, according to IMPBA it's Andy Brown at 120.5. Looks like for now the fastest boats are electric!

I thought I read somewhere that Andy has done 125mph passes and Mark Grim has done a 130mph pass, but still the electric speed is very impressive! :eek: ;D

Nitrocrazed racing: Watt?

As I am sure you're all aware, Saw records are two way averages and Andy's IMPBA record is 120.56 mph.

Joerg made a one way pass of over 122 mph and he never did get around to using his biggest motor.

Incidently, it has been calculated by spectral audio analysis, that on the record run his motor/prop was turning just under 50,000 rpm!

I'd post a picture of the boat but I'm not sure that would be wise with this board in a "tender" state.

PS. Mark Grimm was spotting for Joerg on his record run.

you can post a pic..... but it might not stay on here is we switch to a new forum

Latest posts

Back