New Project by MikeP

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used 2 layers of 5.7 oz 3k and it was just right on a tunnel cowl. There is some stuff for industrial, kind of a rougher weave and some that is made for looks with a nice even cleaner weave.

Mike

Started laying up the tub, Carbon tow around the openings to reduce flex, this lets me lay up with lighter fabrics.

1 layer of 5.7 bi-directional on the bottom for looks and 1 layer of 6 oz glass. Carbon tow in the sharp corners for fillets

2 layers of 3.5 uni-directional and 1 layer of 6 oz glass on the top.

Found some 9" foam rollars at a thrift store 2 for a dollar. Made a small roller to use in the molds.

All bolted together, the little seam roller to the right of the mold works pretty good.

Top shot, This red 2 part auto paint should buff out nice it's on there pretty thick.

Sheeeesh!!!!! Dis guy got more talent in his little finger, Than I got in both hands!!!! ;)

Gene :D

Here are the front sponsons getting assembled, the same sandwich design as the FF .21.

Hey Mike, I have about 20 lbs of super fine powdered and hard-curing dental plaster from another project that I've been trying to find a use for. It can be polished to a shine when dried. Is there anything special you add to the plaster?

As usual, awesome stuff you've got going Mike B)

Back