New Picco Distributor

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Hallam

I will be distributing the Picco engines and concentrating on the North America market. I will be selling the 45 engines only to start with. The intent at the Picco factory is to make the 67 engines in the future but that will depend on the success of the 45 engine.

The introductory price for the 45 will be $ 410 US, shipping included in Canada and the US. This price is contingent on placing an initial order with Picco for at least 25 engines. This price can not be guaranteed for future orders. This order would have to be placed to Picco by the third week of February in order to have the engines by the end of March.

I'm sure most of you have seen the post from Neal Rogers in Australia. We have a good relationship and will be working together to reintroduce Picco to the market.

Orders will only be accepted at my email which is [email protected]. Payment options can be discused when the initial order has been filled.

Mike Hallam

Hallam Marine Hobby

That's great news Mike!!

Will you be handling 45 parts also?

Thanks!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I will be distributing the Picco engines and concentrating on the North America market. I will be selling the 45 engines only to start with. The intent at the Picco factory is to make the 67 engines in the future but that will depend on the success of the 45 engine.The introductory price for the 45 will be $ 410 US, shipping included in Canada and the US. This price is contingent on placing an initial order with Picco for at least 25 engines. This price can not be guaranteed for future orders. This order would have to be placed to Picco by the third week of February in order to have the engines by the end of March.

I'm sure most of you have seen the post from Neal Rogers in Australia. We have a good relationship and will be working together to reintroduce Picco to the market.

Orders will only be accepted at my email which is [email protected]. Payment options can be discused when the initial order has been filled.

Mike Hallam

Hallam Marine Hobby
This is very good news.

Mike, isnt that part of being a distributor? Buying in bulk and then selling it off? It scares me when you say you need to put in an order for 25 engines, so your pre-selling them. What about after that? Same stipulation? Will be need to get a group together to put in another order? Is that how your going to run your distributorship? As a distributor you should just have a supply of them on hand, like Stu does. Just want some clearification....Im asking because Im interested in buying a few engines, but not in a group buy a month before its possible to get them.

Larry Jr.

Mike, isnt that part of being a distributor? Buying in bulk and then selling it off? It scares me when you say you need to put in an order for 25 engines, so your pre-selling them. What about after that? Same stipulation? Will be need to get a group together to put in another order? Is that how your going to run your distributorship? As a distributor you should just have a supply of them on hand, like Stu does. Just want some clearification....Im asking because Im interested in buying a few engines, but not in a group buy a month before its possible to get them.
Larry Jr.
Larry,

I think the 25 engine order level is so he can supply them to you for the quoted price. Most manufacturers have price breaks with higher volume orders. Not many retailers pass this discount on to the consumer. Mike's been known to do this in the past and as a result has been able to keep prices a bit more competitive. I know there's more to it, like shipping etc. I'm sure Mike can explain in greater detail.

Ron

I'll keep em in stock for ya........they'll be 550.00 ea. no problem!

Did not take long.....haven't been able to get them at all for years....So...maybe work with the guy a little?

Geeez, with this economy I'm sure we all have 12,500.00 to toss around without any commitments. :blink:

Dan

Sorry I got caught up in the moment!!

That is some great news Mike!! Glad to see more choices out there!

Dan

That is good news. Love them there Piccos. :p It's about time that CMB felt some competion in the market. Seems to me they have gotten a little 'fat' without a competitor to challenge their quality or prices. ;) Knowing how well my Piccos have run for me, I'm sure that the first 25 engines will not last long.

Mike, put me down for one engine at least. :rolleyes:

Great to see Picco making a comeback.

Wally

Just want to reply to Larry Jr's note. In short, I won't be asking for a commitment to fill every order I place with Picco. I will have engines in stock. My intent on this initial order is to make sure there is still enough interest in the Picco engines. I hear many complaining that there is only one game in town and they would like to see an option. Now that there is an option at what I think is reasonable pricing, we'll see how many want to put their words into action. I don't think any potential distributor would want to order 50 engines and then have 40 sitting on the shelf for a year. Too much investment and risk for not enough return.

Just want to reply to Larry Jr's note. In short, I won't be asking for a commitment to fill every order I place with Picco. I will have engines in stock. My intent on this initial order is to make sure there is still enough interest in the Picco engines. I hear many complaining that there is only one game in town and they would like to see an option. Now that there is an option at what I think is reasonable pricing, we'll see how many want to put their words into action. I don't think any potential distributor would want to order 50 engines and then have 40 sitting on the shelf for a year. Too much investment and risk for not enough return.
Mike I believe you will not have a problem selling engines. I would like to purchase a few 45`s rite now! I have 5-6 new 1244`s P/L in stk. I would like some extra Connecting rods, Gaskets & Seals. jw

] Mike i'm in for 1

Guy's the Hallam's are great poeple to deal with , very fast shipping and really good prices , try them , they will take care of you, and if i no mike he will have plenty of motors in stock and lots of parts , and he will keep up on all new products comming out of the picco factory.

Thanks[/

About a dozen engines have been ordered. Not sure how many Joe W wants but I'll confirm with him. I'd like to get these ordered sooner than later so anyone who thinks they might want one by the end of March, or a bit sooner, get me your order right away and make sure you're on the first shipment list. Parts will be ordered at the same time.

I have bought from mike in he past and never had a problem.It's great to see someone trying to help and keep the hobby moving forward .

Thanks Mike.

Terry

Back