• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

new outboard moters and parts For Sale

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, maybe we are getting somewhere , a package was shipped to me yesterday , I hope this settles things , will know Friday , if it is the motor , I was told was shipped 8/22 this was shipped 8/28 , Bill

It's kind of a shame here, in the beginning my intension was to help Ryan clear his name , if he would have done what he promised to do (but he didn't ) then if he would have communicated to me , what was going on (again he didn't) we wouldn't have this mess . Ryan you did all this to yourself , no ones to blame but you , like I said , what a shame, Bill

If I do receive my motor , I owe a big "thanks " to all you guys on IW for your kind words and support , this would have never happened had it not been for all you guys , you know who you are . Ryan i strongly suggest you take Ron Shaws advise and straighten things out over on Jim's also , Bill

Last edited by a moderator:
From Tim Martin on the boat doc:

http://www.jrcbd.com...=just4funracing

"Dave, I just had a call from Ryan, The boat has been shipped to the Odgen, NY fed-x store you originally requested it to be shipped. Robert Holland,,aka Rookieboater is helping Ryan out. He will post here later all the tracking info. I haven't talked to Robert as of yet. Just a FYI. I meet Ryan a couple of months ago at a race in EL PASO, TX. I don't know him well, however, in saying that I do believe he is doing the right thing here. I don't think it was ever his intention to ripp you or anyone else off. I will be talking to Ryan on the other issues he has with Ross,,fullthrottleracing in getting that matter cleared up. So one thing at a time please. Like I said, I meet Ryan this year, my first impression was that he was a good dude, I think he just got over his head a bit and Robert who lives by him, has been over to discuss this issue and is helping Ryan out, I asked Ryan to call Robert and have him post up the tracking info for ya..........

To the mob, congrats you got him, swinging from that tree he will never have any kind of name on here or be able to sell anything on here again. Sometimes things are not as simple as they seem. Since this post Robert Holland has posted the reciept for the boat being shipped. Like I said there some great people in model boating community here in Colorado working in this to get this resolved. All you needed was a little patience.

D

"Dave, I just had a call from Ryan, The boat has been shipped to the Odgen, NY fed-x store you originally requested it to be shipped. Robert Holland,,aka Rookieboater is helping Ryan out. He will post here later all the tracking info. I haven't talked to Robert as of yet. Just a FYI. I meet Ryan a couple of months ago at a race in EL PASO, TX. I don't know him well, however, in saying that I do believe he is doing the right thing here. I don't think it was ever his intention to ripp you or anyone else off. I will be talking to Ryan on the other issues he has with Ross,,fullthrottleracing in getting that matter cleared up. So one thing at a time please. Like I said, I meet Ryan this year, my first impression was that he was a good dude, I think he just got over his head a bit and Robert who lives by him, has been over to discuss this issue and is helping Ryan out, I asked Ryan to call Robert and have him post up the tracking info for ya..........

To the mob, congrats you got him, swinging from that tree he will never have any kind of name on here or be able to sell anything on here again. Sometimes things are not as simple as they seem. Since this post Robert Holland has posted the reciept for the boat being shipped. Like I said there some great people in model boating community here in Colorado working in this to get this resolved. All you needed was a little patience.

D
We in Colorado want to make sure we try to do the "Right Thing"

Thanks David :D

D
David,

Everything you posted above that Tim said was spot on, until you got to the second paragraph and added your comments. There was no "mob" and no "hanging from the tree", only concerned fellow boaters here that wanted Ryan to do the right thing. Ryan did this to himself, period. His history followed him and everyone that was closely associated with him, knew this as well. Sometimes people can come across as a "good guy" initially, and I am glad others had that relationship with him. But I can also tell you trying to convince Bill here and Dave on JRCBD, along with many others that have had past experiences with Ryan, that he is a good guy, will be a much harder task to achieve. We see him for what he is. Look back at his first post in response to Bill, and on JRCBD as well. He clearly said, "Payment received and items shipped". He also went so far as to say on JRCBD that his accounting program "Quick Books" lost the tracking number information. Then only after countless messages and posts on both sites, did he at least ship something. Only time will tell what was actually sent.

I'm sorry, but my rule of thumb is "If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, then its probably a duck!!!". Ryan is a flat out liar and has stuck a lot of people in the past, and is still trying to do it today, so yes, he is a "duck". My recommendation to the boaters of Colorado is to accept who he is and cut ties if they don't want to be associated with him. This will remove the need to scramble to fix all of the "train wrecks" he leaves in his path...... ;)

Ron,

If you want to associate Colorado with the action of one is short sighted at best. We are trying to help one guy make things right for himself and the people he made deals with. We are not trying to save face for "Colorado". If you choose to lump me in with Ryan because we live in the same state....well go ahead.

We are not scrambling to fix anything. It really has nothing to do with us, rather we are trying to help people out in a POSITIVE way. We could have sat back and waited til this blew over but we choose to take a positive role. Ultimately it was up to Ryan to ship the product and he finally honored his commitment. Its probably time to let this thread die and take action in your own district with the battles you have there.

I think my reputation and the reputation of the district I race in will survive.

Robert Holland

Proud Colorado Racer and Member of NAMBA District 20

Ron,

If you want to associate Colorado with the action of one is short sighted at best. We are trying to help one guy make things right for himself and the people he made deals with. We are not trying to save face for "Colorado". If you choose to lump me in with Ryan because we live in the same state....well go ahead.

We are not scrambling to fix anything. It really has nothing to do with us, rather we are trying to help people out in a POSITIVE way. We could have sat back and waited til this blew over but we choose to take a positive role. Ultimately it was up to Ryan to ship the product and he finally honored his commitment. Its probably time to let this thread die and take action in your own district with the battles you have there.

I think my reputation and the reputation of the district I race in will survive.

Robert Holland

Proud Colorado Racer and Member of NAMBA District 20
Robert,

Interesting how you turned that around....LOL. Almost sounds like you are defending the guy.

Read my post. I said it was my suggestion to cut ties with a guy like this and not associate with him. No where did I say the actions of this guy reflects on the entire state of Colorado....LOL. I have several boating friends in Colorado and this guy definitely doesn't reflect on them. I also don't think the entire state of Colorado is trying to help this guy fix the train wrecks he has caused, only a couple.

The RNC (Republican National Convention) is going on right now. I think the DNC is next month. You need to sign up for their surprise guest speaker as you would make a great politician!!!!...... :D

Yes, this thread should probably be locked, but not so fast. We are waiting to see what Bill actually gets in the mail before its finally over. Then it should probably be locked, but not erased, so everyone can remember how this guy operates, in case he ever shows back up again...... ;)

This is toxic and quite honestly I have been holding my tongue but here it is. Those of you that have now chosen to make those very people who went out of their way to help you as part of the problem are **** fools. We owe you nothing, we have no responsibility and we have nothing to do with Ryan's dealings. The facts are that some good boaters here in Colorado saw your problem and realized that because we see this guy and have some influence with him as a member of the district that we were going to take in on ourselves to try and help you guys who are a long ways away to get your stuff. All we asked is that you back off and not inflame the issue so that we could try and talk to this guy, By inflaming the issue you made it that more difficult for us to help you out. I expected a little more maturity in reading between the lines and shutting up while we did what we could to help here. But that was apparently not possible. I will tell you there was one other person that I know of that also had a problem. He understood and appreciated what we were trying to do for him and REFRAINED from the public lynching while we tried to help him out. We are not protecting Ryan, we are not vouching for him we are not trying to convince anybody about anything other that we are trying to help you folks out. As I have said before Ryan has made his own bed. What we WERE trying to do is help some fellow boaters here on IW and the Dock.

If Ryan has made a bad name for himself then that is his problem and he will have to figure out how to fix it if he so desires. What I do know is that Seeray bought a motor and it was shipped to him in the course of a couple of days. Now I am not saying anything about whether the motor he gets is what he expected, that again is between Ryan and Seeray. What I am saying is that during any other normal transaction a couple of days before shipping would not constitute a problem. However this thread managed to get Seeray wrapped around the axel even before a problem actually existed and it just continued to fuel the fire making it more difficult for us to help.

Ron, my interaction with you has been limited to the posts about the JAE OB rigger and I enjoyed those very much. However this appears to have become a personal crusade for you which I find interesting since you don't even have any current dealings with Ryan. You have taken it upon yourself to prosecute Ryan when you don't even have a horse in the race. My comments in my previous post were right on about how all you needed to do (which you did in the first couple of posts) was identify Ryan as someone who people have had problems with in the past. There you notified people there might be a problem here, why then do you continue to fuel hate and discontent in this thread and now even directing at people who are trying to help just like you (except that the help we are providing is in a positive space). This goes beyond even Ryan, it is about how these forums can become very directional (mob mentality).

So far in trying to help you with your problem I have been accused of trying to sweep it under the rug, sticking up for Ryan saying he is a good guy, scrambling to fix things, and now the insults leveled at Robert. I do not feel like it is my place to say how I feel about Ryan because other people may feel differently. I will tell you that none of us, NONE OF US liked getting involved in this kind of crap. We want to run our toy boats and have a great fellowship with some really cool people. One of the nice things about getting a little older and more mature is that you learn that sometimes what you don't say serves your purpose more than what you do say. So for our efforts on your behalf we stand rewarded! Glad you got your stuff and we have the bruises to show for it!

Robert, there is a lesson here, last word.

David,

The toxic posts are coming from you, I am simply responding to them. So now here goes yet another useless post on this thread. I was involved as I was initially interested in the motor purchased by Bill. I investigated Ryan as all of the caution signs were there, and my intuitions were substantiated. There was no mob. I posted warnings on both of Ryan's for sale threads, but obviously not fast enough to save Bill a huge headache. This put my "horse in the race".

My goal since then, like most everyone else on here, was to come up with suggestions for Bill to follow to help him recover his motor or money. You and at least one other person, chose to actually get involved, but that is your business. You starting getting upset as I think its obvious from the beginning that you were trying to deal with it quietly and keep it off the radar screen. I just noticed you went back and deleted what you posted, but it is obvious from the posts that followed, most did not agree with you trying to keep the situation "low key". Some even thought you were trying to sweep the situation under a rug. If most any of us were the ones being taken for $600, I can guarantee it would not be kept low key either. Then, all of a sudden, you chose to start defending your club and then the entire state of Colorado!!!!!....... :wacko: We didn't accept your way of doing it, as that was our business, and your negative posts since have done nothing more than make it even more visual.

Tone down your posts about this, and I will tone down my responses. Let's just hope Bill gets what he paid for and this thread can be locked and remain for reference in the future. It's looks like this situation has been the nail in the coffin for the old way of posting for sale items, and the new rules, which I personally am calling the "Ryan Rule", has eliminated screen names, in lieu of actual names, being used for posting and will eliminate new members with less than 30 posts from posting as well. No, Ryan was not the only "New Member" that created a login to scam our fellow boaters, and this action will not prevent other scammers from trying other ways to get us, but the Ryan Rule will certainly reduce these situations in the future.

Bill, please keep us posted today. We are hoping you get what you purchased and David and I can go back to talking about OB Hydros......... ;)

Guys , according to FedEx , they changed delivery to tomorrow , I will keep you all posted . Guys Ron shaw has done a great thing here , unfortunately timing was a little late , not anyone's fault but I can guarantee all of you had Ron's initial posting been a little Sooner, I wouldn't have bought this motor and now we know ron was right on, Then after paying for the motor I decided to hope for the best and work with ryan , and try to clear his name , what choice did I have ?? But Ryan ignored me in every way , this is all his doing . I've been on IW and Jim's for about 10 years and have never been through anything nearly this bad , I hope it has a happy ending , but Ron has been a hero here In my book , he is a great leader in this and if this happens to anyone else we need guys like Ron to help us , he stuck to his guns and followed it through . Anyone who has a problem with Ron in all this needs to go back and review all the past postings , Bill north

1) seeray99, you need to put your real name in your signature.

2) seeray99, let us know the result of the transaction.

3) everyone else.... consider this post closed.

So if Tom owns the site and he wants a first and last name, thats"really rather simple" Could one therefore conclude that since Tom owns the site and he says this post is closed thats"really rather complicated" . I'm thinkin Casey Stengle really had it figured out when he said it aint over till its over and I'm guessin it aint over!

OK, Everyone, got the motor today and it looks like i got what i paid for. i find it all acceptable, don't know why i had to go through all this , it has a happy ending , but i believe only because everyones help (especially Ron Shaw ) here on IW . I really believe had i been on my own here , i would have been screwed for sure. when a person gets scammed , for sure the "scammer" is reading the posts too , and everyone supported me for the "right thing "to happen and thankfully it did!! . Its over guys and Thanks very much. Bill North

Back