new motors

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going to try and get one of the 91's. :)
700 euro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The idea of caged neeedles is great, hope that makes it's way into the production mill's.
I wonder how they are doing the caged needles. I know in the K motors, that was the weak point. Run too lean for too long and the plastic let go.Then needles worked their way out and did more damage.

Mike

The idea of caged neeedles is great, hope that makes it's way into the production mill's.
I wonder how they are doing the caged needles. I know in the K motors, that was the weak point. Run too lean for too long and the plastic let go.Then needles worked their way out and did more damage.

Mike
Plastic needle cages? :blink:

Hopefully they are alloy in the CMB's.

Mike

Where did you guys come up with it having caged needles?? Based on posted pics it looks like the normal CMB needle bearing steel rod and I'm just fine with that. :)

Mike

Where did you guys come up with it having caged needles?? Based on posted pics it looks like the normal CMB needle bearing steel rod and I'm just fine with that. :)
We're referring to the limited edition Camillo Braghieri .91 RS from the link that Chris posted (Ian's website). It is stated to have caged needles on the rods big end.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike

We're referring to the limited edition .91 RS from the link that Chris posted (Ian's website). It is stated to have caged needles on the rods big end.
Ahhhh, got it. :) But still....why caged needles?? :blink: You take away more needle contact area with a cage set up. :unsure:

The Camillo Special edition I had on my stand at the Stuttgart race has a metal CMB made cage to space the needles out so less needles. They have been making them for a year or so for the 35cc petrol engine and it has improved that engines crankshaft reliability.

This plus the piston and liner change and using a bronze seal in the front housing and using the larger Carb Mauro Braghieri says is worth around a thousand more revs on the standard motor.

The engines are all numbered and the heads will be engraved .

Ian

The Camillo Special edition I had on my stand at the Stuttgart race has a metal CMB made cage to space the needles out so less needles. They have been making them for a year or so for the 35cc petrol engine and it has improved that engines crankshaft reliability.

This plus the piston and liner change and using a bronze seal in the front housing and using the larger Carb Mauro Braghieri says is worth around a thousand more revs on the standard motor.

The engines are all numbered and the heads will be engraved .

Ian
Is that the sound of Wallets Slamming Open I Hear?? :eek: :lol:

Much better set up for a few reasons, one is that if built correctly it will keep the needles from running skewed. One of the many irons in my fire is fitting a Zen 260 with a caged big end, sounds like CMB beat everyone to it.

Mike

We're referring to the limited edition .91 RS from the link that Chris posted (Ian's website). It is stated to have caged needles on the rods big end.
Ahhhh, got it. :) But still....why caged needles?? :blink: You take away more needle contact area with a cage set up. :unsure:

If CMB wants to easy installation? Maybe they could learn from OMC They have used Wax to hold a New Needle Set assembly in place for years. Wrap them up & Install like a stick of gum....... AS soon as you fire the Wax is Gone...... We pulled the Cage Rod brg Out of the K - 90`s for years & replaced it with Spec Size Needles.... B)

What is the bottom width of the case and the bolt spacing for the 45 VAC - like the HR or RS ?

Kim J

What is the bottom width of the case and the bolt spacing for the 45 VAC - like the HR or RS ?

Kim J
i spoke to Mark Grim the other day and he said the bolt patterns are the same but the width of the motor is wider than the HR, he said to just machine .015 off both of the motor mount rails and the motor will drop right in there

Back