New Miss Vegas RTR Owner

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my boat seems to slow in the corners ,I'm still in break in though . I have 5 tanks on it now . I hope when it is leaned out more it will speed up . what else would cause it to slow in the turns?
Slows in the corners? Mine sounds like it picks up quite a bit when you go into the turn. I think its gonna come down to the setup.

my boat seems to slow in the corners ,I'm still in break in though . I have 5 tanks on it now . I hope when it is leaned out more it will speed up . what else would cause it to slow in the turns?
The rudder may be angled back too much. This will lift the reat of the boat in a turn and cause the front to 'PLOW" the water. If this sounds like what it is doing, then just play with the angle to get it running faster in the turns.

It can also hurt you if it's angled in too much, which will pull the transon down when turning.

I will have to check, but I think the back edge of my rudder is set to 90 degrees. You also want to make sure it's no leaning right or left as well. Needs to be set at 90.

I put another 3 tanks of fuel through it today. I haven't touched anything yet as far as strut. I think my next upgrade will be that turn fin, is the GR fin the best to go with? I know there are a couple of places selling turn fins for them.Will adjusting my strut help with the fact that my boat slows greatly in the straightaway versus turns? I picked up an Octura 3-blade prop, anxious to try that on there too!
The GRIMRACER turn fin works great on my boat...turns really good....sorry about the 36X55/3 blade thing.. Byron is correct...its a 2 blade prop......I race my RTR, but i also race Sport 20 hydro and im always gettin the 2 boats mixed up as i do run a 3 blade prop on my sport 20 boat......that and the fact that im gettin old! :lol: Bill

Last edited by a moderator:
The only way I got the Aqua 18 to turn the 435/3 was with 60% nitro and running the strut almost all the way up against the bottom of the boat, still don't do as well as the two blade GR prop. Still worth a try though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got both props, a lot of people said that Octura 3 blade prop worked really well with the Vegas.

Ronnie's right on point with making the vegas faster, the best thing you can do is make sure the ride surfaces are true and your hardware is aligned. I put an os.18cvrmx in mine with a macs header and 3.5pipe, running 50% nitro it spins a 440/2 blade like no tomorrow. the other thing you will want to do is remove the strut and elongate the adjustment slot, this will let you get the prop up and really let it rip. you may also want to stiffen up the front as the hull tends to flex when you start pushing it. Oh ya and ditch the stock tank, put a sullivan or dubro on piece tank in and save yourself some grief with the flip top filler losing pressure on you.

Here is a pic of my Screamin Demon project to show where stiffen the front up. I used a carbon fiber arrow shaft, and epoxied it in.

pics029.jpg

Anyone have clean pictures of the vegas front modifications to the ride-pads? I want to be able to run my vegas against the brushless UL-1...

Back