Looking for competitive RTR nitro, not a tunnel.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OtisHelmke

Evening all,

I've found that my enthusiasm for boat racing is really taking hold and to that end have got enough tunnel hulls ready to run to race in four different IMPBA classes, two in B and two in D. Plus I have a couple of back up boats if I start tearing things up. I'd like to try a different class boat but building time is full right now. To that end I've been looking around at the offerings mostly from Tower for .18-21 size RTR nitro boats. My goal with all racing this season will be to run as many laps as possible in traffic and finish as many heats as possible. Not worried about winning but I'd like to maintain a decent pace. It needs to be able to run legally in an IMPBA class. Would a Miss Vegas Deuce or something else from Tower be able to do this? I just want a boat that I can un box, put a reciever in it and set up throws. Put it in water, break in and start trimming. I don't mind re-propping but don't want to have to replace a crappy engine with a new one. A hydro or some other style would be fine but I have enough tunnels. If I enjoy it and don't stink up the place I will build something better in the off season. If the crackerbox rules work out I'll also build a Zipp Kits ABox and race it next year. Any insight is appreciated. If there is one thing I've learned it's that no matter what I see in a catalogue I really won't know what I'm getting until I see it. After wasting a couple hundred $ on a boat that was smaller than I thought and doesn't run right I'm trying to be more careful next time. Thanks.

Rick H.

RIC_0007.JPG

Look in the for sale section, coupla nice ARTR hulls there.
default_smile.png

Before you just buy a boat check at your local pond and see what classes are popular. If you buy the Vegas and nobody runs the impba rtr class than what? They are popular in Indiana. Over 20 at the fall Evansville race and 8 in the mt Vernon race this weekend.

I have Mark Hopper's personal Speedmaster Mono with a Nova Rossi 10 port ready to go with servos and RX, prop, pipe ready to run and trimmed. PM me for pictures and price. Getting ready to post on the for sale section. Mark is the manufacturer of the speedmaster hulls.

Good information from everyone and a lot I had not considered. I don't know exactly what everyone is running as no one is within probably 100 miles of me. I'll do some asking before I go buying anything, get something in a populated class. I know there are quite a few monos in this district in several classes. Bzubee, pm sent,, I'm interested in checking that out. Much thanks to all. And by the way Jerry, thanks for that comment as I know little about that boat. I will say that you designed a lot of my current fleet.
default_biggrin.png

Rick H.

Rick,

There have been several people that have taken the Vegas and installed either the Novarossi 21-5M/2 5 port or 21-M Hybrid engine to make it a very competitive and fun Sport 20 boat.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've seen Jim Mamiril's Vegas with a NR .21 in it run. It is wicked fast and it runs well against the best of the sport 20s

Back