New Miss Vegas RTR Owner

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

f41stryker

Well I ran 3 tanks of fuel through my new Miss Vegas RTR (not the Deuce) today and had a blast with it! I haven't ran a RC hydro for probably 7 years. So anyways, I've been looking at tips from various boards and here are the few things I've done so far:

Sanded hull bottom/sponsons with 600 grit wet/dry sandpaper

Sharpened/Polished Rudder, Turn Fin, and upgraded to GrimRacer Prop

I'm running 20% Losi Nitrotane Sport Formula for break-in and plan on switching to something a little higher in performance post break-in. What kind of speeds can I expect to get out of this boat in mainly stock trim? Are there any other mods that you guys would reccomend? I'm not sure if my local club has a class for these boats or not and thats not really a concern for me, I'm more interested in making this thing FAST.

Well I ran 3 tanks of fuel through my new Miss Vegas RTR (not the Deuce) today and had a blast with it! I haven't ran a RC hydro for probably 7 years. So anyways, I've been looking at tips from various boards and here are the few things I've done so far:

I'm running 20% Losi Nitrotane Sport Formula for break-in and plan on switching to something a little higher in performance post break-in. What kind of speeds can I expect to get out of this boat in mainly stock trim? Are there any other mods that you guys would reccomend? I'm not sure if my local club has a class for these boats or not and thats not really a concern for me, I'm more interested in making this thing FAST.

Engine mods will increase power which increases the ability to push larger props it all equals more speed. Pipe length and trim set up is the most important thing and simplest to do. Small adjustments at a time.

Engine mods can go from somthing relatively easy to pretty difficult. Depends on how mild or wild you wanna go.

Alden

I haven't touched the strut at all, basically box stock setup. I did notice when running it today it seemed to pick up speed while in the turn and dropped back off on the straight, you could hear it in the engine as far as sound too. Any ideas?

I haven't touched the strut at all, basically box stock setup. I did notice when running it today it seemed to pick up speed while in the turn and dropped back off on the straight, you could hear it in the engine as far as sound too. Any ideas?

Strut and turn fin adjustments for sure. Its unloading the prop in the turns from what youve explained.angle up on the strut some,remember little at a time. Strut hieght is imortant too. I however cant help you with that not owning a vegas and all. I do know those aquas pretty darn good though so i could for sure help you there.

Alden

Thanks! I'll put a little positive angle on the strut next time I take it out and run it. I've still got a few more break-in tanks to run through as I'm slowly leaning the engine bit by bit. This boat is pretty awesome, looks great on the water and is very fun!

The Miss Vegas are really Nice boats an with info you find on here you can get them running Fast. I see your a fan of the T-plus. There's a few guys in are club that are painting them as scale boats. There's a U-50 sprirt of the navy/and a Frosted Flake boat. I have a second vegas I'm going to paint as the U-13 sprirt of Detriot. Just an idea for you if you wanted to paint it.

Last edited by a moderator:
The picking up of speed in the corners is a common when the engine is breaking in. I often just hold the boat in a circle to allow the engine to break in quicker.

JD

I belive jerry Dunlap told me to remove the head shim AFTER the motor was broken in.....i did and it picked up some speed...nothing earth shattering but it got faster non the less...the motor is still in great shape.....i am runnin a CVRM in the boat now, but if i were to hurt it , i would stick an AQUA engine back in it in a heartbeat..... especially my CAMERABOY 383 modded AQUA .18!!!

I belive jerry Dunlap told me to remove the head shim AFTER the motor was broken in.....i did and it picked up some speed...nothing earth shattering but it got faster non the less...the motor is still in great shape.....i am runnin a CVRM in the boat now, but if i were to hurt it , i would stick an AQUA engine back in it in a heartbeat..... especially my CAMERABOY 383 modded AQUA .18!!!

LOL... now im a CAMERA boy huh.....LOL.. better start takin some pictures then ..lol..so funny... just bustin on ya bill... but it is camaro..lol... for sure break it in proper before pulling that shim,, it does help!!! like bill said its not earth shattering but it does add to the engine..

alden

Thanks I'm gonna do 3 more break in tanks. I've been leaning it about 1/8 turn after each tank. It's making a lot of smoke so it's all good. I'll hold off on any adjustments until the motor is broken in.

As for scale painiting I had the same idea, I thought it would make a good 93 t plus being it doesn't have a front canard and it's scoop looks very similar. I'm checking with my local club to see if they have a class for these. I'm anxious to get this thing flying!

Any good reccomendations for a 3 blade prop?

LOL... now im a CAMERA boy huh.....LOL.. better start takin some pictures then ..lol..so funny... just bustin on ya bill... but it is camaro..lol... for sure break it in proper before pulling that shim,, it does help!!! like bill said its not earth shattering but it does add to the engine..

alden
Alden......dont EVER get old! :rolleyes: As this is what happens!!! Try to give ya props and i call ya camera boy...JEEESSHH! Time for therapy now....SEE YA! :lol: :lol:

Thanks I'm gonna do 3 more break in tanks. I've been leaning it about 1/8 turn after each tank. It's making a lot of smoke so it's all good. I'll hold off on any adjustments until the motor is broken in. As for scale painiting I had the same idea, I thought it would make a good 93 t plus being it doesn't have a front canard and it's scoop looks very similar. I'm checking with my local club to see if they have a class for these. I'm anxious to get this thing flying!

Any good reccomendations for a 3 blade prop?
Im runnin a GRIMRACER 36X55/3 blade on mine and it seems to work well...im sure there are other props that will work good also..

alden
Alden......dont EVER get old! :rolleyes: As this is what happens!!! Try to give ya props and i call ya camera boy...JEEESSHH! Time for therapy now....SEE YA! :lol: :lol:

much appriciated bill,,,much appriciated... have a little somthing more for that engine of yours too if interested... pm me...

alden

Me pm you?

Sorry,was refering to bill,he has a modded aqua i did and was lookin to share some more mod info..didnt want to hi-jack your thread..even though i did anyway,,sorry bout that..

But do let me know when your ready to mod that puppy,,be glad to help..

Alden

I didn't think that grim made a 36/55/3 blade prop just a 2 blade . I am looking for a 3 blade prop for my mv , any suggestions?

Not trying to kiss ass here but its pretty awesome when you have a master like Jerry Dunlap to lend you knowledge! Thanks I look forward to trying a 3-blade prop on my boat!

I'm running the Octura Y535 right now and the boat is really moving (completely stock-30% nitro).

Any advantage to the three blade?

Would I have to run the prop depth a little shallower than the Y535?

I have heard the three blades help keep the speed better in the corners?

Thanks!

Back