NEW JAE FE

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We went to the lake to test a custom knife rudder and boat ran good even in choopy water....couldn't really see a big difference but it worked....now its time for the 8S Gill.

Gill what settings did you use on the T180esc as their are known problems with the lvc cutting in to early,did you use no lvc & did you use auto calculate on the cells or set to 6s. Regards Martin.

Martin for the lvc I set the -no protection but I use the timmer of my transmiitter for 2 minutes run Actually using my programming card I don't have this cell function because this esc auto calculates the battery Gill

Finally got my new parts and almost ready to fire it up!

new Leo 1600kv

seaking 130A

nanotech 65C

Sholund props

Gill

That 130 amp controller really has me worried, it going to make a mess when it lets go!

Teeny tiney props to start with please.

37mm-42mm 6 series is where id try. It wont take alot to hit 130amps but hes counting on 360 amp 10 second burst. I may add some external caps in this scenario.

What the issues with the 130A? Do you think is preferable keep the 180A with this set up? I'm still waiting for my 240A but now you made me worry too! :huh: Thanks Gill

Hey Hugh the 130A just holds 180A burst for 10s.........the 180A holds 360A burst ...... so now I'm confused with your advises! Gill

We dont think the 130amp is a safe one on a "large propeller" so start small. Thats all! :D

Last edited:
Well after some wattmeter tests I gave up of the 130A and will run the 180A again with new props before upgrate to more volts.Thanks to all for the precious advises. Gill

The 130 will still be nice in a smaller JAE maybe a .12 tub. and a 3674 can.

May be a good esc for a p limited jae as well

Last edited:
Gill please continue video post of your progress if you can buddy!!!!!

Hugh

Back