New FAA requirement for drones/quads/UAS/etc.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The way I see it, the first few people that get busted will show the rest the FAA means business. With all of the "blindfold flyers" being sold now days, the FAA almost had no choice but to do something like this. The bad part now is there are some in congress that feel even this isn't enough

Registration is $5.00 per person, each person is assigned a unique number to put on all your aircraft. One person One number. Registration opens 21DEC2015 and if you register with a credit card in the first 30 days they refund the $5.00

John

Yeah well some people aren't very bright. I had a coworker complaining about this-right after he shower me some footage on his cell phone of his drone flying up and along the side of a 6 story apartment house looking in people's apartments through the slider door from the little balcony. One lady flipped the thing the bird and immediately picked up the phone. I doubt she was ordering pizza.

Almost as stupid as racing model boats with swimmers or inflatable rafts in the water and I've seen that too.

No Dave, it is all about more intrusive government control into our lives. It will cost more $$$ for the gov't to create and maintain a database than the $5 per drone will bring in. But that is typical of the gov't nowdays, but is all about CONTROL, especially this administration.

I`ve heard that microlight fliers dont have to register their planes ..Is this true?

Things are getting crazy in this world!!

Ian

No Dave, it is all about more intrusive government control into our lives. It will cost more $$$ for the gov't to create and maintain a database than the $5 per drone will bring in. But that is typical of the gov't nowdays, but is all about CONTROL, especially this administration.
blame the idiots buying these things and flying them recklessly. Nothing else will get through to them.

We had the news and the FAA at our shop here, yesterday. The FAA dude said in short, half pound or greater, and It includes any rc that may get any higher than three inches in the air,and anything tethered no higher then 80 feet. The room got quiet.

Watch the news footage on channel 2 Anchorage.

blame the idiots buying these things and flying them recklessly. Nothing else will get through to them.
Yes Jim. An immoral society = Less freedom for society. Total freedom requires great responsibility.

It's a sad thing to do when I see some fellow playing with his drone in my residential area!! Absolutely not an airfield or "OPEN" area but this fool takes offense when I tell him he is actually getting into flight paths of aircraft landing at the metro airport, if it were OIA I'm sure he wouldn't have to worry about me warning him???? But it's folks like this that will make Boaters have to register with the Government?? I say Vote the Idiots OUT!!!!!!

Later!!

Pat

The sheer capabilities of these drones with respect to programmability , waypoints , time above "target " etc as well as all the close calls and the lightning fast advances in technology have caused this . it's nolonger a rental truck with fertilizer and diesel ful , it's a 500.00 drone , a Droid phone and C-4 hovering over your high school football stadium . The world we live in .

Last edited by a moderator:
To me, this is just another result to our "entitled society". This just means that those that feel they are "entitled" to fly where ever they want are also "entitled" to pay a fine of up to $27,000. If this "entitled" operator is deemed to be flying in a dangerous manner, they will be "entitled" to pay up to $250,000 and spend up to three years in the "Grey Bar Hotel". That being said, I would call the local law enforcement and let them deal with the guy next time Patrick. Then he can explain to the FAA or judge why he's "entitled" to endanger others

Its all about the money.. and its not the FAA making it.. lol

Technology for the SAKE of technology.. me.. just not a fan.

I will GLADLY register as a pilot.. I don't care..no real skin off my A.... The government knows who I am and how much I make.

Grim

Say it's intrusive on our rights but something needed to be done, This summer someone flew one over my backyard and pool. I saw him down the street and told him If I ever saw it again it would in pieces!

Dear Mr. Grim,

Are we not already REGISTERED when we join AMA to fly our fixed wing aircraft?? The problem with a bunch of these clowns with the drones is they just buy them from local hobby shops and think they have a toy to play with wherever they are?? Maybe to buy one of these you should have to be a member in good standing with the national flying organizations to walk out of the store with rules for flight in hand??

Later!!

Pat

Just got an e-mail from AMA not to register new aircraft until further notice.
default_wink.png

Back