New FAA requirement for drones/quads/UAS/etc.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dear Mr Pat?

OK.. I am still going to register..

I plane gets hit... the drone and bodys are recovered.. somebody says there is a guy in a white van over there that has all kinds of RC stuff. We have seen him flying his DRONES in the park... he lives right down the street from here...

They show at my house

Go...........

Mr Grim..

P.S. over 5 bucks.. ya gota understand that all the means to me.. (just an opinion)

Take care

Last edited by a moderator:
I should go on to say.. I don't like it as much as the rest.. sure its going to "solve" very little. BUT.. some times its best to pick your battles and this is not one to me worth spending time on.

Grim

Really no battle as the AMA is doing everything they can and they are the voice . Government will do what it's gonna do period on this one . More paperwork and fees .

The word on the street right now is that the AMA has filed suit against the FAA for violating a 2012 ruling on R/C aircraft put out by Congress so, as for now, everything is still up in the air, pardon the pun

they have not "Filed Suit".. they are however looking into what actions can be taken.

Grim

No Dave, it is all about more intrusive government control into our lives. It will cost more $$$ for the gov't to create and maintain a database than the $5 per drone will bring in. But that is typical of the gov't nowdays, but is all about CONTROL, especially this administration.
blame the idiots buying these things and flying them recklessly. Nothing else will get through to them.
Yes Jim. An immoral society = Less freedom for society. Total freedom requires greatresponsibility.
Andy, Grim, and Foley, have it right. I also add that illegal immigration, and wide open border cause these problems. Just look how flying with in the USA has changed in a short 20 years. Not to mention how hard it will be to keep track of evil doer's after they allow thousands of refugees in the country that can't be vetted.

Just finished registering my model airplanes with the FAA. Took a bit of hunting around on the website to finally locate the necessary link. Or, maybe it was just being "Technically Challenged" when it comes to doing on-line registrations.

JD

No Dave, it is all about more intrusive government control into our lives. It will cost more $$$ for the gov't to create and maintain a database than the $5 per drone will bring in. But that is typical of the gov't nowdays, but is all about CONTROL, especially this administration.
blame the idiots buying these things and flying them recklessly. Nothing else will get through to them.
Yes Jim. An immoral society = Less freedom for society. Total freedom requires greatresponsibility.
Andy, Grim, and Foley, have it right. I also add that illegal immigration, and wide open border cause these problems. Just look how flying with in the USA has changed in a short 20 years. Not to mention how hard it will be to keep track of evil doer's after they allow thousands of refugees in the country that can't be vetted.
*clutches pearls*

Grim is correct.........................

The AMA is looking at what actions can be taken at this time.

I have already registered and have my FAA assigned number and certificate.

And if the feds want to pay

me a visit, I think i can take care of myself.............
default_wink.png

Carl's new defence weapon.jpg

Might want to check out this video from China concerning THEIR requirements on drones. Good video

https://youtu.be/6zcsbyZEe_0

Carl Cisneros Dist. IV

Control Line Racing Board

they have not "Filed Suit".. they are however looking into what actions can be taken.

Grim
The info i have read states the ama has had a suit filed in federal court since this summer challenging their authority to override congress's 2012 regs. limiting the faa's ability to regulate model aircraft

I wish no one would register. There is no need to right now. The AMA has called for all members to hold off on registering.

Congress makes the laws and from what I can read, the FAA Modernization act of 2012 specifically section 336 spells out that the FAA can't make any rule to regulate "model aircraft" for hobby purposes.

https://www.faa.gov/uas/media/Sec_331_336_UAS.pdf

I am 100% against the FAA on this one. I have zero intentions of registering until this legal matter has been settled. I'm not a lawyer, but I refuse to be stuck in between an agency tasked with managing the Nation's airspace, versus the Branch of Government that actually makes the damned laws. It's a terrible spot to be in.

-Joey

The AMA is not the FAA , if it get's flown thrown or falls out of the sky . The FAA is calling the shots they have the backing of the White-House . You can thank a few fools that have done some stupid stuff and also thank some of the so called Pro's in the photo and Video World for drawing undo attention to the RC Copter/Quad Hobby . So now even a run away flying anything is now a crime THANKS TOO THE FEW.

Paul,

Go back and re-read Post #31. The FAA is trying to do something they are not legally empowered to do.

Personally, I am opposed to any kneejerk law that isn't going to actually prevent what it is drawn up to prevent. Just like the gun laws don't keep guns out of the hands of people who shouldn't have them, this isn't going to keep the idiots from flying their toys where they shouldn't. Our "leaders" are very lazy, in that they think instating a rule will prevent them from actually having to swing the gavel at these morons. If our law enforcement had the authority to inflict painful or crippling judgment on those who do wrong, it would at least make the joyriders think twice before flying where they aren't supposed to.

Thanks. Brad.

Titan Racing Components

BlackJack Hydros

Model Machine And Precision LLC

I wish no one would register. There is no need to right now. The AMA has called for all members to hold off on registering.

Congress makes the laws and from what I can read, the FAA Modernization act of 2012 specifically section 336 spells out that the FAA can't make any rule to regulate "model aircraft" for hobby purposes.

https://www.faa.gov/uas/media/Sec_331_336_UAS.pdf

I am 100% against the FAA on this one. I have zero intentions of registering until this legal matter has been settled. I'm not a lawyer, but I refuse to be stuck in between an agency tasked with managing the Nation's airspace, versus the Branch of Government that actually makes the damned laws. It's a terrible spot to be in.

-Joey
cool, I agree

Was headed home today saw small kids with Daddy playing with a Drone about 40 yards from a airport how stupid then also today one landed at the Fort Lauderdale Airport what next if there going to be rules or laws people with these needed schooling before there able to have them like a revolver

Unfortunately you can't school common sense..

That irony is is the AMA has been working with the FAA and leading the charge to curtail some of these rules but the vast majority of the folks flying these drones don't consider themselves rc aircraft modelers. Nor do they know or care who the AMA is......

Mike

I read your e-mail and the notice I got fomr Jay Marsh today about the no RC flying until further notice and field closures.

Carl

Back