New Classic Thunderboat Epoxy Hull

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Everyone!

I've been getting a lot of requests for the Classic Thunderboat Hull. So I've decided to add that boat to my product line.

I'm still working on it and it should be ready in time for the Orlando Winter Nationals in January 2008. I will be posting that hull on my website as soon as it is available. I've attached some photos of the plug I will be using. This plug comes from Roger "Czar" Newton. His son, David Newton, recently won the World Championship with this same hull design. I will be making these hulls in epoxy.

This boat will be whippet fast!

Thanks and Happy Holidays to All!

Steve Gualtieri

RCBoatCompany.com

classic_thunderboat_01__2_.jpg

classic_thunderboat_02__2_.jpg

Steve,

The Dog & Boat look good and fast. Do you know what propellers these boats

are running? I am getting a lot of requests for propellers for these boats recently.

They are gas powered? Open to suggestions?

Thank You,

Mark Sholund

Props-4-U

Steve,
The Dog & Boat look good and fast. Do you know what propellers these boats

are running? I am getting a lot of requests for propellers for these boats recently.

They are gas powered? Open to suggestions?

Thank You,

Mark Sholund

Props-4-U
Mark,

Thanks! Roger Newton suggested that I start out with a 2716 ABC two blade prop. Yes, these are gas powered and the engines are stock. This is a new class and it's just been added to our district's race schedule beginning in January. Everyone is still learning about it (at least down here in Florida).

Steve

Steve

Steve,

Thank You for the quick reply. I have had a few others tell me the same propeller.

The 15 degree rake? Or the 10 degree rake? They come in two different rakes.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

If it runs as well as your Hydro Steve, your gonna have another winner on your hands. Your boat looked very good Sunday. ;)

Andy

Steve,your hull looks great and has an interesting feature not often seen.I am busy on an 1/8 scale 68 Miss Bud and as yet have not decided on a method to reduce blowovers.I notice your hull has a triangular dam under the bow.I'm wondering was this arrived at experimentally,and if so what other methods were tried and dumped?

Mike Shindler ,I think ,had a thread going this past year on anti-blowover,but I don't remember this method discussed more than acknowledging that it exists.I'd love to hear from everyone who wants to share info on this subject.Since Roger Newton provided the plug he may be d' man on this.My 1/8 scale driver doesn't swim well, and I'm trying to keep him dry.

There may be a different relationship between speed,power,and size that make the Classic Thunderboat perform differently than 1/8 scale .

Hope I have not sidetracked this thread.

Harvey Liberman

Steve,your hull looks great and has an interesting feature not often seen.I am busy on an 1/8 scale 68 Miss Bud and as yet have not decided on a method to reduce blowovers.I notice your hull has a triangular dam under the bow.I'm wondering was this arrived at experimentally,and if so what other methods were tried and dumped?Mike Shindler ,I think ,had a thread going this past year on anti-blowover,but I don't remember this method discussed more than acknowledging that it exists.I'd love to hear from everyone who wants to share info on this subject.Since Roger Newton provided the plug he may be d' man on this.My 1/8 scale driver doesn't swim well, and I'm trying to keep him dry.

There may be a different relationship between speed,power,and size that make the Classic Thunderboat perform differently than 1/8 scale .

Hope I have not sidetracked this thread.

Harvey Liberman
Thanks Harvey.

To be honest, I just got this hull design from Roger Newton. I will know a lot more about this boat in January when the boat will be completed and I've tested it.

Meantime, I think if you asked Roger, he could probably answer your anti-blowover questions.

Thanks!

Steve Gualtieri

Nice look'n IGGY. I have a four month old myself.

The plugs look good also.

-Buck-

Back