New 2013 CMB 91RS EVO

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks Good, I have 2 RS101 versions on order with Stu.......... maybe we will have them soon?

Last edited by a moderator:
"The piston and liner will not fit the RS from the evo and the case is different...."

Here we go again............

When the RS motors came out the piston/liner fit was changed and there was no back support of the previous EVO motors so they quickly became obsolete. Now the "new" EVO piston/liners fit is different from the current RS motors and I'm sure we will again see no back support of the RS motors (that we are STILL working the bugs out of at OUR expense). This shiznit is getting old fast and I bet is equally as frustrating for Stu when it comes to supporting his customer base........ :angry:
Don,

Your first statement is not true. I was able to "support" the EVO for many years after the introduction of the RS version. CMB also had parts for several years. I would expect the same will be true for the RS's. My inventory is pretty strong right now. If CMB did not continue progress these motors, we would all still be running OPS's. Look at the development of the 45VAC. Wow, what an improvement. However, CMB and myself will be able to support the older versions of 45's for many years.

Stu
Once the new engines come out and Papa Joe has them running good.. Im going to sell my old engines and buy the new ones. no point to running old engines when they have new ones out.. im not going to comment on the current RS engines we currently run no point in starting a arguement. thanks for the Pictures buckshot.

Julian
I will still stand by my first statement in that the earlier EVO and later RS parts do not interchange, that is the main point I wanted to make. Glad you have so much disposable income Julian that you can dump a few grand in new motors just because you feel like it, some of us are not so fortunate. I'm done with this so you fellas have a nice day.

"The piston and liner will not fit the RS from the evo and the case is different...."

Here we go again............

When the RS motors came out the piston/liner fit was changed and there was no back support of the previous EVO motors so they quickly became obsolete. Now the "new" EVO piston/liners fit is different from the current RS motors and I'm sure we will again see no back support of the RS motors (that we are STILL working the bugs out of at OUR expense). This shiznit is getting old fast and I bet is equally as frustrating for Stu when it comes to supporting his customer base........ :angry:
Don,

Your first statement is not true. I was able to "support" the EVO for many years after the introduction of the RS version. CMB also had parts for several years. I would expect the same will be true for the RS's. My inventory is pretty strong right now. If CMB did not continue progress these motors, we would all still be running OPS's. Look at the development of the 45VAC. Wow, what an improvement. However, CMB and myself will be able to support the older versions of 45's for many years.

Stu
Once the new engines come out and Papa Joe has them running good.. Im going to sell my old engines and buy the new ones. no point to running old engines when they have new ones out.. im not going to comment on the current RS engines we currently run no point in starting a arguement. thanks for the Pictures buckshot.

Julian
I will still stand by my first statement in that the earlier EVO and later RS parts do not interchange, that is the main point I wanted to make. Glad you have so much disposable income Julian that you can dump a few grand in new motors just because you feel like it, some of us are not so fortunate. I'm done with this so you fellas have a nice day.
Don Ferrette i dont disagree with your statement at all. It happen with the Evo 2000 1 inch motor when they went to the RS. Eventually the parts are going to stop coming for the RS Motors at some point when the new ones are in 100% production. Im looking at it this way before that happens I have no choice in the matter but to go to the new motors because eventually i will have to do this better to do it when i have money because i wont be able to when im broke.. Its Not cheap and i can understand that too and i dont have all the money in the world EITHER Don but thats why i would sell everything i have and try to recover some of the money i will invest in the new engines..

I have 2 Options run my engines until no parts are available like they did with the EVO 1.0 motor or just sell all my big block nitro stuff and just run gas thats what is going to come down to.. I Dont have any good choices here do I..

I have to agree at the end of the day the same thing that happen with the EVO 2000 1.0 motor will happen with the 91RS and 101RS eventually they will become obsolete and we all have to switch to the EVO 91RS and EVO 101RS.

Julian

evo%202.jpg
I look at liner almost copy as same as CMB21 RS ears ports but the piston make better improve oval top as same as Picco 45R 's piston than old piston 's dish top ;) I looked again button head use cone glow plug ?? not std glow plug

Gentlemen look at it this way when thy changed to a smaller OD on the liner from the 1.00 EVO to the 1.01 RS. there was no choice.

You can not make a liner bigger.

Now with the liner being bigger you can boar the case.

At least there is a option with this change. not like the 1.00 to the 1.01 there was no option.

Looks like the change is the 3 port ex from the pics and a split transfer port design .

Will make for some wide ex ear mods with the bridge already there.

David

Gentlemen look at it this way when thy changed to a smaller OD on the liner from the 1.00 EVO to the 1.01 RS. there was no choice.

At least there is a option with this change. not like the 1.00 to the 1.01 there was no option.

Looks like the change is the 3 port ex from the pics and a split transfer port design .

David

Go for it.....!!! You think you where killing parts before......I will wait to read more of your post and look at the Destruction as you post............."Stu Help...!!" ;) ;) ;)

David

Go for it.....!!! You think you where killing parts before......I will wait to read more of your post and look at the Destruction as you post............."Stu Help...!!" ;) ;) ;)
If you run a Eng almost every weekend of the year testing you will blow some stuff up or your not really seeing what it has.

Your just playing with it. ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Your eng that is. :huh:

Is it just me, or is every engine manufacturer's P/S starting to look more and more like a NovaRossi?????...... :eek:
I'd say from the pic maybe 10 - 15 years ago, but not in recent years. Pics can be deceiving though. Pic from NR attached. I'd dare say CMB don't have the resources afforded by volumes that NR would have given the number of car engines they make. Having said that, CMB turn out some fine products to a very niche market and nitro boat racing wouldn't be what it is today without their efforts. Hat's off to them.

08951.jpg

Is it just me, or is every engine manufacturer's P/S starting to look more and more like a NovaRossi?????...... :eek:
The sub port holes are normally about 4 crank degrees higher than the exhaust port timing. This type of exhaust port helps to keep the piston from trying to fall out the exhaust port. Many have ran these mods on the CMB exhaust ports for years.

The sub port holes are normally about 4 crank degrees higher than the exhaust port timing. This type of exhaust port helps to keep the piston from trying to fall out the exhaust port. Many have ran these mods on the CMB exhaust ports for years.
This CMB is looking good. Looks like most all of the manufacturers are now performing more "factory" mods to keep their engines in the winners circle.

David

If you run a Eng almost every weekend of the year testing you will blow some stuff up or your not really seeing what it has.

Your just playing with it. ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Your eng that is. :huh:
Or possibly you got tired of KILLING everything you have ever owned and back your program back a step or two and -

Super_DC_1976_Calendar_-_Shazam_August.jpg

You actually finish heats and have some fun :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Dave Dave Dave -_-

:p :p :p :p

Back