New .12 Texan SAW

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Area's Glenn has talked about 1-10:

I am truely, AMAZED by this design,

Excellent work Glenn ;)

Gene ;D

"WOW" Unbelievable!

Glenn, you are truly a master of speed. :eek:

If you get a chance, I sure would like to see a close up of your muffler and any info on making one.

Thanks,

Don 8)

Thanks guys! ;D

Tom, I just use a couple of pieces of radio box tape to hold the tank.

Don, I will take some pictures of the muffler ASAP. I any leaving town again tomorrow and so it may be a few days.

Glenn

glenn, every try a bladder tank to save weight? just a baloon is all ya need is my understanding. i was told the .049 airplane guys do this.

Tom, yea I use them on my CL combat planes. I have tried several different ways to make them work on boats, but the high pressure they put out makes it almost impossible to get the fuel set right for different throttle positions.

But that is the right kind of thinking! :)

Glenn

i'm trying to understand the sponson tubes. are they tubes with a cover or something different?

I zoomed in on the stinger and got this:

Tried on the other pic but it got too grainy......

Tom, they are regular round carbon booms with balsa fairings added to the back. I think this is very important...round booms have VERY high aerodynamic drag. I guess you know how strong I feel about it if I actually ADDED something to the boat. I came up with this idea about making these wings light, easy and kinda self alining several years ago on my .21 SAW boats and it works GREAT.

I simply use balsa trailing edge stock that is cut down so the thick edge is the same as the diameter of the booms and then use that really thin heat shrink tubing like used on battery packs to hold the balsa to the booms.

Well I gotta go...if you have more question I will get back to it later.

Glenn

Guys, here are some pictures of the muffler I made. The body is made from a piece of the rubber from a Hobbico exhaust elbow. I JB welded a piece of 3/8 OD brass tube (alumimum would be better) over the stinger of the pipe to match the ID of the rubber. I cut the holes in the rubber with a piece of sharpened 3/16 brass tubing, and the restrictor in the end is a piece of 1/2 OD, 1/4 ID nylon. It works OK...these motors aren't very loud anyway, but it does take some of the "sting" away from the sound.

Glenn

Back