New .12 Outrigger

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tom,
That might be challenged by others. Paul's boat runs well, but I know of others

that will take him out. There is a lot of information that we have learned in a rather

short time frame this year on 12 motors and propeller set ups. Better get that new

design ready soon. :D

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

guys, my new 12 boat runs around 68-70 pretty easy with a few different props, 3 degrees aoa, full turn fin, speedmaster mini rudder, 65% nitro, nova and glenns pipe, and still turns well..i had it at 72 and change on the radar gun last week with a v937and think i went a little faster when i didnt have the gun on it..it runs very well indeed but until it runs up around 80 it just aint cutting it..at least thats the way i see it, remember the record is over 79, thats impressive.i also know glenns boat made some runs in the mid 80s.. i am curious how fast preston halls boat ran in the straights on his 2 lap record?
Martin, I suspected that was you (that Mark was referring to as running so fast), but I didnt want to say anything. Congrats!!!!!! B) Thanks again for the hull you sent me. ;) The transom and middle cross member/brace that the stuffing tube runs thru werent true/90* - I fixed them and have the sponsons done (am going to build a few sets tho of different widths/lengths to try). Am trying to do you & Rod proud. Best wishes.

todd

man do I hate the winter.... Wish I could have got a good run on the new design....

I really do not care who's .12 is the fastest guy's. You have to finish the race to win.

I would love to see that 80mph boat make it a full heat with a full field of boats.

I really do not care who's .12 is the fastest guy's. You have to finish the race to win.
I would love to see that 80mph boat make it a full heat with a full field of boats.

the point was that a .12 motor is capable of more than most people think..and no one said they would heat race at 80..

the point was that a .12 motor is capable of more than most people think..and no one said they would heat race at 80..

Martin, my comment was not pointed at you or anyone else. Just stating that it would be pretty darn hard to heat race at 80 in a full field and finish the race. People start reading that these things are running 70-80 MPH and there .12 rigger only runs 45-55 MPH and they might feel like they do not have a chance in hell at the races.

From what I have seen,.. and that's not too much, a 55 mph .12 in race water will do very well heat racing.

If it's a nice day the .12's don't make too much wake... I've been running with a gas Whip,.. and a 35cc cat,...

THAT makes problems for my little guy...

And it is VERY true,.. until recently most people didn't think a .12 could be fast..

(I can't wait to get my latest changes in the water)...

A 55 MPH 12 rigger will win more races than it loses if set-up and driven properly. Set-up, race stategy, and heads-up driving will still be necessary to win races.

On the other hand, an extra 20 MPH in reserve to be used for a "passing gear" would sure come in handy. B)

Bring those 80mph A riggers to Minneapolis and run them in a 6 boat heat...Twin Cities Model Boat Club has a fine retreive boat! :D :p :rolleyes: :eek:

Larry

Last edited by a moderator:
Boaters,

I always remember what I heard Ron Zaker Jr. say at the Hydro Masters one year,

"why show a quarter when a dime will do"

You only need enough to win, but it is a nice cushion to have some power in reserve.

My problem in heat racing has always been show a dollar. :eek: It will always get you in trouble.

Now I just stick to mostly S.A.W. events, which you can show the whole bank if you got it.

Just Another Perspective,

Mark Sholund

Mark right you are...kind of...However if you cant dive it you are not showing the FULL ACCOUNT! :p :D

HEAT RACING FOR EVER BABY!!!!!!!!!!

Grim

AAAHHHHH!!!!!!!

.12 MANIA!!! I've been waiting 3 years for this!
You Tony? Martin Knox, Wade Swatzell and I were working on the Hammerhead .12 back 5 years ago and were hoping that the class would take off back then.

I know that there are people out there looking for a good kit or ARTR .12 'rigger and not just on this site. I ended up by giving up on the class and gave everything that I had to Wade except for radios and engines. OK, I've still got some CF rod and very few turn fins left.

Ok,.. so yo guys have been working on it longer...

AAAHHHHH!!!!!!!

.12 MANIA!!! I've been waiting 3 years for this!
You Tony? Martin Knox, Wade Swatzell and I were working on the Hammerhead .12 back 5 years ago and were hoping that the class would take off back then.

I know that there are people out there looking for a good kit or ARTR .12 'rigger and not just on this site. I ended up by giving up on the class and gave everything that I had to Wade except for radios and engines. OK, I've still got some CF rod and very few turn fins left.

Here are some pictures of the new .12 Outrigger. I think I will call it "Lightning .12"

Length from tip of sponsons to transom 26"

Radio compartment is 2.5 wide x 11.5 long

102_0088.jpg

102_0091.jpg

Here are some pictures of the new .12 Outrigger. I think I will call it "Lightning .12"
Length from tip of sponsons to transom 26"

Radio compartment is 2.5 wide x 11.5 long

102_0088.jpg

102_0091.jpg

isnt that a firefighter cheese hydro?
Nope, Let's not go where the tunnels guy's have gown now. It has similarities but it is NOT a FF cheese. It is longer the sponson profiles are narrower and they have steped bottoms. The bottom of the tub is steped and has a different profile. Whole different animal here. This hull you will be able to buy 80% built with cowl, motor mount and fuel tank included very soon. Just need to do some testing after this one is complete.

Mark

Last edited by a moderator:
Back