Need Some info On these 3 Hulls

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Travis Benjamin

I have a customer that would like to convert these to elec so he can run in our pond. I'm not sure any of these would do well as a FE conversion. I believe they're a crapshooter 40, seaducer pro 40 and youngblood mono 40. The hardware on the the crapshooter looks like CMD hardware but not sure. These look like they were good race boats in their time. the customer may want to sell them and just have me build an FE instead of converting. What do you guys think? Are these worth trying to convert?

DSC03273.jpg

DSC03277-1.jpg

DSC03276-1.jpg

DSC03275.jpg

DSC03274.jpg

Travis;

The rigger is a Mongoose, it was designed by Andy Brown, while he worked @ Tidewater Engineering.

The Seaducer 40,, may be a knock off of a Ducer,, don't know fore sure, so I'm prolly wrong.. not sure if Jerry's old hulls had that bow deck line design??

The other is a Youngblood.

All of these hull were popular, dominate back in the mid to late 80's

It does appear to be an older one Rick- the Dunker. Its prob. subsurface drive though and I could be wrong , but I think you want a Surface drive for F/E .

Andy

looks like a Mongoose (Andy Brown), a Seaducer 40, and a Youngblood Mono (40). I would probably upgrade to new nitro engines. Obviously check out hardware. Youngblood looks fairly clean, however may need some internal work to engine rails, radio box, etc.,...

Thanks guys. Do you think there would be any interest in these hulls if I was to post them for sale? Our local pond only allows FE so if these won't work for FE then I'd want to sell these and set the customer up with an FE. Both engine turn over smooth and have compression. The owner did keep them oiled.

It does appear to be an older one Rick- the Dunker. Its prob. subsurface drive though and I could be wrong , but I think you want a Surface drive for F/E .

Andy
Yes the seaducer is a sub surface drive.

Latest posts

Back