Need Help

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gale54

I have a old 1/8 scale boat that a friend of mine wants to go fishing with. ( I know not a great idea) He wants to be able to go forward and reverse with the boat. I have never ran electric and have no idea where to begin with motor type size? Speed control? batteries? Not alot of money in the project. Thanks for any help

If your trolling and a big one gets it, forward will be the only thing you want to do
default_tongue.png

yes it is a 1/8 scale size hydro. 44 inches long. Any help on motor type?

Don,

I am assuming here you want brushless. Look at 1/8 to 1/5 scale power systems from RC cars. Motors like the castle 1717 or similar should have enough grunt. If you want more than just a crawl in reverse you will have to run a solid shaft or a wire drive. Look for something like the Castle Mamba Max for a controller or any one of the rebranded clones from Hobbyking.

TG

Don,

I am assuming here you want brushless. Look at 1/8 to 1/5 scale power systems from RC cars. Motors like the castle 1717 or similar should have enough grunt. If you want more than just a crawl in reverse you will have to run a solid shaft or a wire drive. Look for something like the Castle Mamba Max for a controller or any one of the rebranded clones from Hobbyking.

TG
Thank you TG

If your trolling and a big one gets it, forward will be the only thing you want to do
default_tongue.png
This could get really interesting. A hydro doesn't have that much in the way of buoyancy so any fairly large fish may take it down. Hope there's lots of room for pool noodles and a way to hook a line to it that won't get tangled with the prop or drive shaft

this sounds like a really bad idear with a hydro....don't know what type of fish u would be after but hook a decent large mouth bass and you wont see that hydro again soon

Back