Need help with Mutt I I

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j whiddon

I need set up info. I have a AA 45 for it . Any pipe recommendations ? Prop recommendations?

Hey Jeff, I hope this is not what you running at the Nitro Race???

Anyway, is this a "angled or straight" intake AA?

What I have found works well on my straight intake AA45 is the Mac's exhaust 7.5 marine pipe set at 10-1/4" to 10-3/8" from center of cylinder to widest point on pipe.

As far as prop? I remember reading that the Mutt's like the 1400 series, lifting props I have heard rumor of some turning a 1455 (not sure I would believe that though)

I am running a X450/2 on a scratch built sport-40.

If this is for the upcoming race You Better Get Hot Buddy

We'll it is what what I will be running! I hope to get it close this weekend.My AA is the angled version. The engine is broken in so I will be able to hammer on it right out of the gate. Thanks for the info!!! I guess it's up to me now.

Most of the guys up here are running 1455/3's with 3.6-3.9" cup.

The boat was designed for the 1455/3.

Last edited by a moderator:
What Brian said about the prop.If you cant turn the three blade well with that motor drop the pitch to 3.3 or throw on a 2 blade 1455. Dustin

Make sure and add lead inside the tip of the left sponson (6-8 oz)

It is absolutely critical that all the ride surfaces be flat (no anhedral or dihedral) and sharp.

Strut should be flat no positive or negative, and it should be set deep enough that when the boat is sitting on a flat surface the recovery pads barely touch the surface.

Mike Hughes turn fin is the best option on that boat.

Follow that setup and you should be very happy with the boat

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah what Duck said is correct. The AA45 cant pull the 3 blade. Though the boat was design around the 1455/3, todays hydro motors have a hard time with it. I still run a 98 picco blue head with 180 exhaust timing. Im running the older 3 piiece boat. The hybrid. Glass canoes and wood center.

Mike

Latest posts

Back