Need cowl for Road Runner 40 UL

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Schneider

:huh: Does any one know if any Cowls are being built to allow a MAC 45 to be used in a RR40 UL? The MAC's upward carb is too high for the stock cowl to work. :(

Need Ideas or Help. :unsure: Scott

Scott,

It may be possible to heat up the cowl (before it starts to sag) in the area that needs to be higher and then take a rounded tool and re-shape it by pushing upwards util the shape is sufficient to clear the carb. This is the same technique that is commonly used on plastic fuel tanks that are not the correct shape. If you happen to screw it up :D , contact Ralph Almirola @ 813-684-0015.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's alot of stretching. Maybe consider using an Eagle SGX cowling for a 40 size & trim it to fit? :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ralph @ ROADRUNNER BOAT Mfg. Does have a cowl that will allow Mac or K series Engine to be install into a RR 45 U/L or Xtreme.

I bought several cowls from Ralph in August. I asked him if he has developed a high domed cowl to fit the MAC engines. He was working on them at that time but were not yet finished. None of the low profile cowls would fit, regardless of size. Looks like he has done it. The Eagle cowls will not fit properly as their hulls are more narrow than the Roadrunners. The Eagle cowl would not even fit my 20 RR Extreme.

John

:) Spoke with Ralph today, He has an updated cowl for his 40 extream hull that would be "Damm Close" and might need a slight push up with a Spoon to add a tad more clearance. It seem the newer hulls will have slightly higher tub sides so one cowl will fit all styles of RR's in the future. Scott

Latest posts

Back