Need advice: Doug Shepherd

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lennard Cuenco

In February 2004, I sent a $1050 check to Doug Shepherd for 2 boats, full payment for a Miss US and 1/2 down payment for a T4 two wing....

to this day I have not received a thing. I have taken a break from the hobby for a few years and have now returned. Each time I return to the hobby I send Doug emails about my boat and he tells me that he has it almost ready to send,

I am asking for advice on how to handle this moving forward.....

(btw, he claimed to have sent a boat to me in 2010, 6 years after he cashed the check, via UPS, no tracking number, uninsured, did not contact me or ask for a shipping address, I did not receive a boat and UPS had no record of shipping it to me...they cannot track anything without a tracking number)

Last edited by a moderator:
Money has been sent just like I said I would Len. Two money orders and three personal checks....each month to address that was sent to me . Address Mr Lennard Cuenco 802 Dorset Way Benian Ca. 94510

One of those nasty he said, he said.deals. Should be a paper trail to help clear this up.

O.k Paper trail there is I am sick of this paper trail .I am repaying Lennard's money back with interest just as I said I would in agreement made 5 months ago. On the agreement it states ""don't be late"" o.k five months later he states he has not received anything from me and the address was on the agreement to which to send the money to. There has been 5 payments sent to him Us mail. So I am not sure we're Lennard lives for sure. All I know is I have sent a hull and 5 repayments and he has not got none of it. I have sent my truck payment US mail for the past 4 years and they have gotten it every time. I have not had to send it in any special way to them. So way is this so hard? So I am not sure how to fix this problem!

Doug Shepherd

Madison In.

If you sent personal checks, you should have the cancelled checks? Or does your bank handle cancelled checks different than mine. (I don't get cancelled checks back but I can access a copy of the cancelled check through my online account). I also get a receipt (extra) copy of the money order or cashier's check.

This is not the problem. I have copies of all checks ,money orders,address also full bag of stuff. I have sent it to the address that his legal contact sent to me with the agreement that him and I agree to. So the next payment will be sent certified mail and we will go from there. But I can not fix what I do not know is broken and I can not make him go to the bank and cash what I have sent. So I will go to the next step in this process and move from there . Thanks for your input .

Doug Shepherd

Madison, In.

Doug,

without a tracking number, you never sent it

without cancelled checks, I never received the money..YES, there is a difference between, copies of checks and cancelled checks...who knows where your sending these checks..

if you cannot produce either of these documents, IT NEVER HAPPENED

it's called proof, none of which you have or can produce at this point, CUZ IT NEVER HAPPENED

at this point, you should consider this a public service announcement for the model boat community about your reputation, not an open discussion about your 10 years of excuses

As I stated I am only as good as what I have to work with. You can make me out to be what ever. As I stated I am trying to pay what I own you. You sent me the mailing address on which to repay you if you don't cash them you make me look like the bad person. Is this your address or not Mr Lennard Cuenco 803 Dorset Way Benian Ca. 94510 because this is the address you sent me. I just what to pay you and move on.so I the next payment will come certified mail. I see we can not make this easy so Good day..

Doug Shepherd

Madison, in.

Doug, I googled Benian CA and came back with nothing, Google thought it was supposed to be a Benihana festival. I entered the zip code into the USPS website and it came back Benicia CA. From what I can tell, your checks have gone to an address that doesn't exist. What I can't figure out is why Lennard didn't say something when you posted the address the first time

Here is what I received stating address to sent the payments to. Same as I stated before?

Date: August 6, 2014 at 11:12:16 AM EDT

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>

Cc: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>

Subject: Re: Order for 1 Miss Budweiser and 1 Miss US placed February 2004

Reply-To: Axel Altermann <[email protected]>

August 6th, 2014

Mr. Shepherd,

I presented your re-payment offer to Mr. Cuenco. Here is his response:

"because Doug wants to settle this with cash, I have calculated the cash settlement in the attached worksheet

I had to assume something for an interest rate (1%), and I assumed Doug cashed the check on the last day of February 2004. Since

he wants to repay over a 12 month period, I calculated a 1% annual loan rate as well."

My advise to Mr. Cuenco was to use a more realistic interest rate such as 4-5% but he does not want to gouge you. My advice to you is to take the deal, run with it and DO NOT MISS ANY PAYMENT.

Mailing address for payments: Mr. Lennard Cunco 802 Dorset Way Benicia, Ca 94510

Sincerely yours,

Axel Altermann

Amount 1,050.00 Period Calculation Notes:

Interest rate 1.00%

Period 10.588889 Start 2/28/2004 Assumed last day of month

End 8/6/2014 Today's date

Amount owed 1,166.67 Days 3,812.00 Days between check cashing and today

Months 127.07 Months between check cashing and today (30/360 day count)

Years 10.59 Years between check cashing and today (30/360 day count)

Loan Amount 1,166.67

Interest Rate 1.00%

Loan Duration (Months) 12.00

Monthly Payment Amount until paid in full

($97.75)

Ok. Lennard is this the correct address that you will receive your us mail Mr Lennard Cunco 802 Dorset Way Benicia, Ca. 94510?

Doug

Hydro junkie is correct, the address you sent to is incorrect. Something about this whole transaction doesn't make sense but who knows. Let me make a suggestion. Stop payment on all previous payments you said you made. Send a payment to the correct address and get a signature it was received. Tell leonard you will only send another check if the 1st one is cashed. That way you will know he got it.

Hydro junkie

Doug wrote twice where he sent the check. Leonard has still not corrected it which seems like something he would do if he wants this solved. Who knows but hopefully they will get it solved!!

Thank for your input. I just want Lennard to get his money and it starts with correct data.. My bad to send money to a address without doing a complete investigation.

Doug Shepherd

Madison, In.

This could be completely solved in five minutes, Paypal as a gift the money to Leonard. No bank check charges, no postage, instant gratification. You could even put it on your credit card if your bank account is low. Might have to add extra for credit card fees. That is if you really want to solve this.

I don't know either of you two but I can tell you this winter I'm a retired federal lawyer. Even though I hate law and would rather just be a clown.

Leonard financial deals flying around out there for 11 years. The statue limitations is long gone for you to seek restitution, if this man would've been a crook. If he's paying you back now you should consider yourself very lucky. I recommend either PayPal each other as a family member or use a postal money order if a check is out of the question.

Send it with a delivery confirmation mandatory. And Leonard if you get your money cash and don't leave it lay around. Hopefully whatever misunderstanding or whatever has occurred you can both still be friends.

I am a cancer survivor without a stomach and I know issues can come up that often times make people believe the worst of circumstances has occurred sometimes there are reasonable explanations for every thing and the best answer is communication.

After taking with my lawyer Friday. He advised my this very simple solution to this matter. Lennard send me a certified letter with notarized copy of your U.S mailing address and a copy of the cashed check (both sides) to Doug Shepherd 2730 basswood Dr.

Madison, In. 47250 You have 30 day from today's date to receive the the requested material to complete this transaction.Jan 19, 2015

Thank you Doug Shepherd Madison, In.

Latest posts

Back