Name your fastest prop.....

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

ggillman

Hey Guy's

I am taking suggestions for my SAW Villain, so lets hear them, Whats the fastest prop you have run, dont care if it turns well,

Going to try these:

Hopper 1440

Prather 220, texas cut, reduced dia.

Your ideas ?

Gene ;D

Octura x-640 with the tips tweaked and backcut....

x-642 with same mods as above....

cmd 1440 also....

Hopper 1440 or backcut X440 with the pipe short.

X438 with the pipe even shorter ;D(Novarossi / lawless)

The fastest 3.5 tunnel SW times I've posted have been with a X640(balanced, but other wise stock). But, there's lots of variables that come into play. I like the 1440 for racing, just never have had much luck with it for top speed.

Jerry Dunlap

Thanks Guy's

Jerry very true, the variables are different for every application, here is a few more specs:

Shes going to rig out at about 3.75 lbs. (yeah thats lite I know!!!) Custom motor mount from the "hairless one" with 1 1/2 inch standoff built in, double cut CF pipe, around a 1/4 inch off the stinger total, the pipe runs on the rich side till it hits, and then all Hell breaks loose!!!!! :eek:

Gene ;D

PS, To all that responded by Email, Thank You!!!! :D

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Hey Steve,

Lets talk about Irene's curves, could she be about 1.57 x 2.198, Or maybe 1.57 x 2.512???

Gene ;)

You know now, that it is not nice to talk about women's age & figure............ ;D ;D ;D But I can say that my other fast prop which I will call Andrea that is on the Villain has D cups.......... ;D ;D ;D

;D ;D ;D

Your crackin me up here Dude!!!!!!

That is correct, not nice to ask such things, He,He

Dont know what came over me :eek:

Gene ;D

Hi Gene, Right now I like the X438 with the tounges removed but my boat is alot heavier than yours.You may have good speed with the same as above but add backcut and maybe just a fuzz off the overall dia.My fastest prop I ever ran was a S/S Prather 220 with reduced dia. down to 1.54" tweaked tips and both blades thined to 1/32" thick.My grandfather gave this prop to me a couple of years ago,said it took him three weeks with a file and sandpaper to get it ready!It weighed less than half of a stock 220.Last June just before sunset the "Just one more run" resulted in me hiting a turtle and crumpled the prop like a wad of foil. Im just glad I wrote down specs. before this happened,just cant find the time to work on another one. Brian

Yep, It gets ya every time:

I was runnin at a new pond, havin a nice afternoon, deceided to have a last go at it and pack it up, After about two laps I punched it and was flying and HIT SOMETHING BIG!!!!! it was just under the surface, tore the whole right side sponson clear off!!!!

Thanks for the tips Brian,

Gene ;D

My fastest prop on my Mod boat is a Hopper 1440. On my stock boast, it is a clipped and cut X640. Man I think if you run long enough...you and a snapping turtle are going to fight....and you usually lose. Last time something like that happened to me was a submerged log! Ripped the engine right off! Only that held it on was the throttle cable and pressure line.

Billy R.

www.intlwaters.com/mmba

Latest posts

Back