NAMBA District 3 (Florida) 2012 Race Schedule

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah- was wondering about that myself Mike- Was just reading the minutes of the meeting on the website and was surprised no one posted it here.

Looks like a 7 race schedule with a poss 8. Im wondering about the double points race down south though? Does double points also count as 7 races attended if you only ran 5 - or is it- double POINTS only ?

Im just tossing this out there to toss it out there- so ,

Why not a double points race at a central Fla lake at the beginning of the season ( march brandon? ) and one at the end (as scheduled)

Run a 7 race series/8 optional (as stands btw) count both as attendance towards the 7 race qualifier to be a High Points Champion in the Dist , and see where your attendance goes then ????

Just saying, makes a lot of sence. :rolleyes:

Nothing against the Double points race at the end of the season btw- but once again- your FORCING people to travel that may not be able to afford it.

My worthless .02

Merry Christmas B)

Andy

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh Mike the schedule was posted on the District News as posted when it came on up on the District main page, Andy say you only make three or four races the double points will help make up for the races you didnt make. Also Andy Broward wanted the last race if you look it goes north then south for the races the way it should no one is forcing anyone to travel, i do because i love to go to Brandon and a few other sites even though i am a budget racer i save big time for these races. From what i am told also they did double points long time ago and always was at the end of the season. Robert

re - read this part. Consider it for a moment and get back to me pm .

Why not a double points race at a central Fla lake at the beginning of the season ( march brandon? ) and one at the end (as scheduled)

Run a 7 race series/8 optional (as stands btw) count both as attendance towards the 7 race qualifier( 4 races total) to be a High Points Champion in the Dist - that leaves only 3 of the remaining races that are MUST attends , and see where your attendance goes then....

Merry Christmas Rhonda - I mean Robert ,

**** cross posters :p :p :huh: :p

I think with the district going back to a low number of races we will see more people, like when we were running nine races might bring more people out the ones chasing points have to see what happens. Merry Christmas Andy have a good one we be at Riverview for a day see you then. Robert

I mostly posted this for people OUTSIDE of District 3...nationally, who may want to attend a race in Florida...just trying to help spread the word. Think Big.

Good point Mike , with this site and Jims Boat Dock being the main places people around the country ( world ) look for info it only makes sense . Just like when you put a boat up for sale you post it everywhere . A mass E-mail list to Hobby Shops might also attract NEW racers not just old fogies like me !! Merry Christmas everyone , Burn Fuel !!

Yeah- was wondering about that myself Mike- Was just reading the minutes of the meeting on the website and was surprised no one posted it here.

Looks like a 7 race schedule with a poss 8. Im wondering about the double points race down south though? Does double points also count as 7 races attended if you only ran 5 - or is it- double POINTS only ?
"C) The final race for the racing season will be a Double Points Final. Place points for this race will be doubled when tallied for District High Points awards. (Example: 1st place 400=800, 2nd place 300=600, 3rd place 225=450, etc. thru 8th place.) Passed"

Didn't know how to write the rule/proposal much plainer than that. Thought it was pretty much self explanatory.

The purpose of the proposal was merely to try and boost the attendance of the last race for the hosting club and other racers. It's attendance is historically low. It works quite well in other districts, and hopefully will here too.

Have a merry Christmas

Any of you guys remember when Florida and Georgia was the same district and the first race of the next year was in November? It was at this race where they handed out the years high point awards and also had the yearly district meeting. (In other words it got a lot of people to show up) This was the first rc boat race I ever went to in 1989. Most of those folks are gone but a couple of them are still racing!

Didn't know how to write the rule/proposal much plainer than that. Thought it was pretty much self explanatory.

Have a merry Christmas

This part maybe ???

Does double points also count as 7 races attended if you only ran 5 - or is it- double POINTS only ?

Andy

Have a merry Christmas

This part maybe ???

Does double points also count as 7 races attended if you only ran 5 - or is it- double POINTS only ?

Andy
Double points for that one single race. It appears you maybe reading more into this than it is.

Andy read slowly the double points go to your high points at the end of the year helps people that can not make all the races. Robert

Nobody is reading too much into this , I asked a simple question that was not answered in your initial response, nothing more.

And trust me Robert , your missing my point- Im pretty sure I know how double point races work.

If the effort is to increase attendance , I think thats great. B)

I simply asked if it would also count as 2 races attended - towards the required 7 races to be in contention for HIGH POINTS at the end of the year ?

That would also help attendance btw ;)

Merry Christmas guys

Andy

I simply asked if it would also count as 2 races attended - towards the required 7 races to be in contention for HIGH POINTS at the end of the year ?

That would also help attendance btw ;)

Merry Christmas guys

Andy
No it counts as one race. Now that I understand your question. You worded it a bit more clearer (for me) this time.

Back