N1 MONO

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're a bit late with the "taunting" all that crap is over. Darrin and I actually get along quite well. Buass too.

I'm cool with those guys dude.. MUTUAL RESPECT learn it..

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, I've been holding this back for a long time.

1. Most true "Champions" don't shove their titles in the face of others so much that it makes one gag.

2. Maybe what you consistently position as "no respect" is actually a lack of interest in the "accomplishment" coupled with #1. I don't know very many that even care about N1 let alone run it. The numbers of entries in each class is posted as public record.

I'm sure you're a great guy Wilmer, a lot of fun and talented, but give us a break. Many of us just don't care about ROAR brushed motor classes anymore, regardless of how well tuned they are.

I like Brian's style. I had to prompt him until he sheepishly shared that he set what, 5 NAMBA oval records over the weekend? My kind of FE hero.

Glad you and Darin had fun.

Guy, the nats are over, and I've got my first place trophy just like I did last year.. Where's yours?
Mine is sitting right here next to my box of Kick-Ass AggressiveRCTech.com motors (sorry... just had to try out that whole sponsorship plug thing... never had a chance before... :p ) and custom massaged Maus Micro-Bullet (I did it all myself, so sorry... no plug this time...) and "Banzai Hydrosport" custom prepared props! (again.. I did them myself, so I'm reaching for a "sponsorship" sounding name there... ;) )

Also sitting here is my 2nd place in N2-Sport (Banzai HydroSport 28 came through STRONG!!), 2nd in N1-Hydro (there were only 3 boats... :rolleyes: ), and a couple of third places in N2-Offshore and P-Mono (with the SAME SV27 hull, I might add... ;) Had to drive my a$$ off!) ... :D

I learned a lot about National level racing this past week... also about running N1-Hydros (actually learned something just after heat 2, which might explain my win in Heat 3... ;) ) Looking forward to more challenges in the future... Plus, it's a BLAST hanging with Brian, John (set a new N2-Sport record!!! 67-seconds I think...) and the rest of the gang... I spent quite a bit of time having to tech Brian and John's boats for the new records they each set!! Yes, all their batteries were under 10,000 mah! :rolleyes:

As for N1-Mono... well, what can I say... There were three full flights in each heat (LOTs of N1-Monos this time around!!) and it was a battle and took a flawless day, as the results show... Larry Kirby and I each won all our heats (the random assignments never had us meeting up in the same heat...), and it came down to fastest heat time... I won out with a 1:51 to his 2:01... My AggressiveRCTech.com motors were perfect all day... and I hit every start PERFECTLY... Also made a kick-a$$ move on Scott Bickford in the first heat on the 4th lap which secured me that heat win...

Someone said the N1-Mono record for 1/8th mile and 5-laps is a 1:38... :blink: I'll believe that's possible when I see it... We were all flying, and no one even got close to this time... That's almost an SV27 time... but never-the-less... I prepared well, raced hard, and didn't make any mistakes... and the blue plaque is mine as a result! Seeing as this happened on Day 1 of the Nats... I couldn't possible have a bad rest of the week from then on! Just had fun! With things going the way they are... this could very well be the end of N1-Mono for many, but it was a GREAT race and was hotly contested all day...

Get ready for the LA SAWs in November, Willey... I'm hoping to give you some insentive to come very preparred! Should be fun!

Oh, by the way... Someone tell Randy Naylor to get off his butt and get that boy (Wilmer) some real boats! He's got the skills... and I think he may have the power... He needs a BIGGER HULL if he's going to keep pace in the N2 classes... He gave it he!!, but that little OM21 gets rocked everytime a 26" anything else goes blasting by... Give him something that will let him lay his power down for crying out loud! :rolleyes:

Good meeting you Bill... We'll see you again soon! B)

Dear Drobie,

Who won o-sport hydro at the 2006 nats? -Me

My career dosen't start and stop with N-1 mono guy.. I've got records in hydro, tunnel, and mono classes holmes..

Ok Darrin, now I see you're trying to talk funny too.
3 boats? The way I JETTED off on you there could have been 15 out there, don't get it twisted..
Bill,

"Talk Funny???"

I think you're reading my post COMPLETELY wrong... Remember how we were able to sit and BS at the race... Pretend we're still there and read that again... There's nothing there that should get you all bunched up... Nothing aimed at you at all... In fact... I thought I had complimented you in there a few times... and tried to get your lame a$$ hull sponsor to get you some real boats!

It's my first National Championship win... I think I have a right to be excited about it... which is what I was posting...

Don't let what you THINK I'm saying get tangled up with what I've actually said.... You'll start sounding like your buddy Dan if you do that...

You did great... Had fun... as did the rest of us... I tried to give you a run in N1-Hydro and couldn't... what can I say... we've NEVER run that class in our club and no one was preparred... and your's was freaking FAST... but I learn QUICKLY... as is evident by my final heat win... I may be able to have something to challenge you next time... but it's going to take some work...

It's too soon after this great event to get all bunched up about it... especially toward me... I'd have given you a motor or whatever it took to get you running your best at that event, which shows the kind of sportsman I am... Don't turn this into something it's not...

Again, looking forward to racing with you in LA in November if I can swing the trip...

Until then... Chill... B)

Can someone please block Willie from here? Base it on the annoying factor alone. Blah blah blah!

Hey Drobie,
I've got the wins to match my mouth buddy.. where's yers??

Jealousy is a terrible thing Drobie..

People who have never met me like Drobie, and slam me are REALLY weird..
You're making this up as you go. My post was mostly complementary. And you doubling down on your self-promotion as a response doesn't change my collective "yawn'. After this comment, I'll let you have your soapbox back and you can continue to address the minions who worship your accomplishments.

See? I'm easy, your stage is all yours.

As for my wins, I don't measure my success the same way you do and I have one "babe" who I'm married to, love deeply, and is my best friend to boot. I've never even thought of looking elsewhere.

Here's a sample from my trophy case:

“I have been talking to a good number of the guys that attended the Sardine Classic race. (A lot of guys call us on the way home to tell us of their exploits). Everyone has exactly the same thing to say. "Great time", "You have to go", "certainly one of the top races I have ever been to", " very well run" and "awesome site".
Congratulations on your success! You put on one of the best races ever held in North America. Thanks for letting us be a part of it.”

--------------------------------------------------------

“I just received my pictured plaque and Sardine Classic tee shirt. I never expected the plaque. What a nice surprise!! Not to put down any of the other big races but the guys running the Sardine Classics are covering all the bases with the treatment they give to racers and sponsors! Definitely count me in for next year as a sponsor. My only regret is not being able to show up in person to meet everyone.”

--------------------------------------------------------

“The Wisconsin crew is the epitome of class. Couldn't have asked for a better time.

Special thanks to Andy Kunz for running the show both days. It's too bad that someone couldn't make a good living being a professional CD for these events because if the job were open for the taking my vote would be for Andy.

Finally - thanks to Doug Robichaud for organizing a fantastic event. I think if Doug hadn't excelled in his current profession he could have been a professional party planner - his sense of organization scares me!

I know that Doug made many sacrifices over the past few months to get this event to come off as well as it did. Those sacrifices didn't go unnoticed or unappreciated.

See ya next year.”

--------------------------------------------------

“Absolutely the best event I've attended!

- First class race site - calm water, grass sides, permanent drivers stand and launch area.

- First class CD. Andy was superb at it!

- Nice big protected shelter with electricity and overhead lights

- Beverages and food provided - along with sunblock, painkillers, mosquito repellent!

- Great prizes, trophies etc.

Can't say enough about Drobie's work and hospitality to pull off a great event!”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I want to also thank everyone involved in the preparations and execution of a "Classic" FE racing event. As a charter member (just a few rough edges last year) there were tremendous improvements over last year (hey we even got a group photo and beautiful weather this year!). For those who were unable to attend, here are just a few of the high points in my mind:

- Great facility (shelter with power and lights), tables, chairs, hospitality tent (well stocked).

- Great hospitality. The entire MAFE group were very welcoming and great hosts.

- Great Weather- save for a bit of wind on day one, the weather was absolutely spectacular.

- Great camaraderie- everyone with very open with setup advise, willing to lend a prop or a bit of advice

- Great awards, prizes, and local support

- Great CD- very well run show. Thanks Andy for keeping everyone moving along...made for a great pace both days.

- Great local support (turn marshalls and timers) thanks to the swim team and local hobby shops and friends

- Great Racing- some world records on some of the fastest water in the mid-west !!!

Special thanks to Doug R. and Kathy for opening up their home to a bunch of out-of- towners for a wonderful dinner.

Thanks to DougP and Sandy for taking care of the lunches, all the provisions. It really made the weekend. Alot of work...but much appreciated !

Thanks to John for ZZag race, and the rest of the MAFE members for a great time.

This has raised the bar some more for [other races]!!! Looking forward to some more racing this summer....and already excited about MAZO 2005 !”

“Congrats on the race. It has received the best feedback I've heard to date”.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

It has all been said earlier, but I wanted to join the multitude of cheering racers. I had a great time, hassle free (except for my boats), friendly competition and all around good time. The Wisconsin guys are tops and Drobie's efforts truly Herculean in putting on this great show.

Thanks to you all.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Big thanks to Doug and his wife for dinner. All who attended were great. Big thanks to Charlie Toms. Look foward to next year. Best race yet !!!!

Someone said the N1-Mono record for 1/8th mile and 5-laps is a 1:38... :blink: I'll believe that's possible when I see it...
It happened at MC-6, the 2005 Nat's in Michigan. Largest FE race ever held with Al Waters as CD. Dan Proulx set it. He and I had all perfect heats (never raced together unfortunately). If I remember correctly, Scott Bickford was in the hunt as well, but not sure of his times. Ask him about it.

Proulx's 1:38 beat my 1:41 to get 1st. He ran a very small mono (under 19"?) and I ran an OM 21 and we had glass conditions all day for that class.

Maybe your Pac NW N-1 brushed motors aren't as fast as everyone says they are?? :p

Glad you guys had a great race. A day didn't go by that I wished I was there!

As for Darrin, I'm glad you wrote that post, I had a great time too..

Congrats on your win guy, actually wins..

OK Willie. Proove it. The truth is at the pond not in your posts (although I'm sure most see right through you). OCT in Cleveland. But I doubt you have the kahonas to do it. Oh and aside from LSH we don't run brushed motor stuff. So bring on your novak crud and show us whats up. All the info is on the IMPBA site.

Funny how you cover up your lack of speed...."tuned down" eh? A sponsered racer with a 1 1/2 yr old motor....you are the king of comedy man.

Proulx's 1:38 beat my 1:41 to get 1st. He ran a very small mono (under 19"?) and I ran an OM 21 and we had glass conditions all day for that class.
Maybe your Pac NW N-1 brushed motors aren't as fast as everyone says they are?? :p
Thanks for the details on that... I believe you... I just don't believe it! Know what I mean??? Surely my N1 is the fastest around! ;) When I was racing real cars, and my best friend had the same car as I... I was CERTAIN I was getting everything out of it... right up until he went 2-seconds a lap faster in the same car! :blink: Just have to get better at it... ;)

Actually, I was thinking about it this morning and I realized that there is more there to get... I just have to work a little harder and it's going to take a different hull... It's on the way... :ph34r: B) It's fun to have goals to shoot for!

We wish you were there to! My wife is all for a travel weekend to come to an out of town race... Hopefully something in warm Arizona or California in the future!

Until then... we'll have to just bundle up...

Sounds like your backing out already Willie. Which does not surprise me in the least.

Where were you in 05 06???? MI No. Canada No. AZ no. WI no.

And for your info....did brushed over 10yrs ago...ain't going back to that crud. Factory driver and your motors din't come in? Cmon....another front for your lack of being. Why don't you just admit you don't know what your doing with a b/l motor?

Don't do Saws. Why should I? Paul has the N1 record in mono. AGAIN Paul has the record in N1 mono.

BTW how big is your bed and house? I mean how does all that ego fit into one domicile?

Oh well....last post from me....obviously you have not the courage to compete with me. And I'm not going to waste my or others time reading your fodder.

So untill you have the guts to race with us ta ta....wilbur!

Latest posts

Back