• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Brand New Demon mono

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have always said the value of anything is what someone will pay for it. Has anyone seen what the toy K&O outboards are selling for? Some of the rare ones are fetching $3000.
I saw one of these same Demon hulls race at the Winter Nats many years ago and it was smoking the field.

Tom, I think almost all of these boats were set up with sub surface drive tubes coming out of the bottom. That could have caused some of the cornering issues. The right size turn fin with a break in it might be the ticket.

Nope, not going to molest such a cool old hull that is proven to be fast. Besides, I have several different large Mod-VP's that people have never seen.

Awesome! Sounds fun Tom. Yes, a lot of rigging you could try on that boat. I have no doubt you can make it turn in smooth water.
A lot like kneel down runabouts of today. They flat turn with a side mounted turn fin as opposed to the old " roll up " style boats. Here is mine .

Attachments

• 20231222_103849.jpg
    20231222_103849.jpg
    911.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 20231222_103833.jpg
    20231222_103833.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
A lot like kneel down runabouts of today. They flat turn with a side mounted turn fin as opposed to the old " roll up " style boats. Here is mine .
Back when I ran kneeler outboards, most runabouts were roll up style except for the DeSilva’s, they flat turned just like a hydro. Many of the new runabouts also run an auxiliary rudder in addition to the dagger fin on the side.

I have one as well ! Putting one of my VAC 45 s in it with a turn fin on the right chine at the transom and possibly a small keel fin on center to see if we can make it turn!
exactly how I would set it up! It will run good, even on oval.

I set the forward edge of the center keel at the CG point of the hull (approx 33% location, from transom).

Back