MY NEW TWIN SGX II

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have always wondered what construction the flex shafts.ARe comon shafts a left lang lay and the counter shaft a right regular lay.Like the same in wire rope?And also are they rotation resistant?
Yes, left lay is for standard rotation. The last I checked Octura sells right lay flex cable.

I have always wondered what construction the flex shafts.ARe comon shafts a left lang lay and the counter shaft a right regular lay.Like the same in wire rope?And also are they rotation resistant?
Yes, left lay is for standard rotation. The last I checked Octura sells right lay flex cable.
The only bad thing was satndard shafts are only 24" long mine needed to be 31 1/2" long so Hughy had to make them 35" long with 1/4 stub shaft. But it's all go now all I'm waiting on now are Props.

Brian

What are the specs on a 7020/2? 70mm dia x 2.0 pitch ratio?? or...

Who makes them?

Buck

Buck

It think they are Voodoo props. 7020??? Thats a LOT of prop even cut down. Look for L/R 1667. I would. And it have tried a bunch of props.

Buck

It think they are Voodoo props. 7020??? Thats a LOT of prop even cut down. Look for L/R 1667. I would. And it have tried a bunch of props.
No the props are from Prop Shop (Simmon) & chris ordered them. Andy said they will work. They don't make a 1667 right hand. That was my 1st pick.

Buck

No the props are from Prop Shop (Simmon) & chris ordered them. Andy said they will work. They don't make a 1667 right hand. That was my 1st pick.
Okay Cool Dog. I don't know anything about those props. Let us know how they work mang.

Buck

Hey Brian the new boat looks really nice. Shane did a nice job on it, you going to make any of the district 19 races this year? I might need someone to play in X.

see ya in Havasu hopefully Justin.

Hey Brian the new boat looks really nice. Shane did a nice job on it, you going to make any of the district 19 races this year? I might need someone to play in X.

see ya in Havasu hopefully Justin.

Yes I'm going to try to make it. If not I'll be in Needels for sure.

I'll see you there Jud,

Brian

hi brian can you tell me what was invovled in counter rotating the engine. nice job btw i have a twin sgx but have problems now with prop walk thinking this will stop my problems but see prop selection a major problem as i like to experiment with them any suggestions. BRETT

hi brian can you tell me what was invovled in counter rotating the engine. nice job btw i have a twin sgx but have problems now with prop walk thinking this will stop my problems but see prop selection a major problem as i like to experiment with them any suggestions. BRETT

Brett I'm not sure I bought them new that way. You can ask Chris or Steve Wood on here they can help you with that question.

Brian

Last edited by a moderator:
Buck

hey brian,did you get any of the specs for these props and will they work on a single engine set up?thanks,mike.

Mike,

Prop Shop Propellers have been around a long time.

7020= 70mm diameter x 2.0 Pitch Ratio Hence 7020.

It is going to lift the back end up quite a bit, I

would backcut them if it was me. You should of tried

his 6714E or 7014E series, or the 7016 would of been

a better counter rotating set. The bad part with CR sets

is the time frame to get them, I waited six months one time

for ten CR sets. Not anymore. You know ABC has right handed

propellers that will work also?

Good Luck,

Mark Sholund

Buck

hey brian,did you get any of the specs for these props and will they work on a single engine set up?thanks,mike.

Mike you can run them on single motors if you're motor is strong enough to pull it. Mark what do you have or what can you get me to run on

this Boat.

Brian

Brian,

I am too busy for right handed propellers anymore.

I gave them up along with gas boat propellers a few

years ago. Nitro propellers keep me very busy, I did

over 1000+ of them again this past year. :unsure:

Sorry,

Mark Sholund

Brian,

I am too busy for right handed propellers anymore.

I gave them up along with gas boat propellers a few

years ago. Nitro propellers keep me very busy, I did

over 1000+ of them again this past year.
unsure.gif

Sorry,

Mark Sholund
Mark is it more work to do a set of CR then if you had to do a reg set of Twin props?

I would think that it would be the same amount ot work. But I wouldn't know due to I don't do props.

So you will not do a set of CR props for me?

Brian

Brian,

To do a right handed rotation propeller, I have to switch my equipment around,

and right now I don't have that kind of time.

Sorry,

Mark Sholund

Brian,

To do a right handed rotation propeller, I have to switch my equipment around,

and right now I don't have that kind of time.

Sorry,

Mark Sholund

Well ok thanks any way. I have Chris at dasboata do them for me right now. so thanks again.

Brian

Last edited by a moderator:
Ace,

PM sent.

Buck

Ok I need some help here I'm going to run 7020 SS Props on this boat I'm hereing that the props are going to be to big.

I'm open to so help on this boat as to what Props I should run on this Twin. Keep in mind one of the Motors is CR so I'm

going to have to run a Right & Left hand Prop on it. I called & talked to Octura & they will not make a Right hand 1667

so what props would work on this Boat. Motors are CMB RS.91's. Any suggestions would be great.

Brian

Ok I need some help here I'm going to run 7020 SS Props on this boat I'm hereing that the props are going to be to big.

I'm open to so help on this boat as to what Props I should run on this Twin. Keep in mind one of the Motors is CR so I'm

going to have to run a Right & Left hand Prop on it. I called & talked to Octura & they will not make a Right hand 1667

so what props would work on this Boat. Motors are CMB RS.91's. Any suggestions would be great.

Brian
Does Octura still make right hand props in the following sizes? They used to. Or can they not be made to work?

X465R, X470R, X665R

Back