My New Boat!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Hi everybody,

I just bought a r/c Kyosho EP Air Streak 500 from www.towerhobbies.com

I just wanted to say that the boat is very fast! Im not an expert at this

hobby, but I think it goes about 12 mph. I was wondering if I could enter in

any boat races with this boat.

Thanks and happy boating,

Joe Shmittlez Jr.

Hi Joe. Welcome to the world of RC Boating!

That looks like a fun little RTR (ready to run), but I doubt you would win many races against guys that dump $$ into their boats.

I'm not going to run your boat into the ground, cause it looks like a good place to start....and everyone has to start somewhere.

Where ya located?

ya pj's got a point there.....its a good boat to start out with (you dont wanna no what i started out with :lol: ) but i dont think you could win that many races with it.

What engine is in it.....im guessing electric

lata

ight...i think the engine that i started out with was like a 1980's 200 or somthin cause the top speed was like 2 mph :rolleyes: it didnt even have a wake behind the boat <_<

Guest said:
Hi everybody,I just bought a r/c Kyosho EP Air Streak 500 from www.towerhobbies.com

I just wanted to say that the boat is very fast! Im not an expert at this

hobby, but I think it goes about 12 mph. I was wondering if I could enter in

any boat races with this boat.

Thanks and happy boating,

Joe Shmittlez Jr.
Joe, take a look at this:

http://cmdracing.com/updated/speedfootage_two.htm

What is that? It looks like some kind of a plane that fly's on water. That thing

was flying!! :eek:

Happy Boating,

Joe Shmittlez Jr.

Guest said:
What is that? It looks like some kind of a plane that fly's on water. That thing was flying!! :eek:

Happy Boating,

Joe Shmittlez Jr.
thats a a boat ! in the link. most of our boats run in the 45 to 100 mph. range. (race trim)depending on what hull and class. and electric usaly runs aroud 40 to 100 range to. as electric boats have come a long way since the 80'S.

and just recently gas or weedwacker power boats have gone over 80 +

hope this helps to shed some light. :D to the wonderful world of fast r/c boats that are not just toys! as most people call them , And they are not to be taken as just toys any more. :)

100 mph! :eek:

That's like faster than my car. Does anybody know if I could take out the electric engine thats in the boat right now and put a gasoline engine in it? And if so would it go faster than 12 mph?

Happy R/C Boating,

Joe Shmittlez Jr.

Back