My new 41" Kneeler build (well, building 2 of them)

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, I got it in the water this weekend. Ran really good. Turn fin still needs to be mounted, but that will be done this week. I did some straight line runs. Here is the setup, Turnigy 180A Marine ESC, 4s2p Zippy 5000mah Flightmax 20c and also have 30c packs as well, Medusa 36-80-1600kv V2 motor, K&B 7.5 lower unit, Hyperformance 7.5 Electric conversion kit. Sooo, I am running 4s2p for now. I am going to order some 5 cell Zippy packs in the next week or two. That should bring my speeds up from high 30's to low-to mid 40's. That is all I am really wanting from this boat as I never planed it to be ultra high speed, and I was on an electronics budget on this build. I was running the x642 prop, and the motor, batteries and ESC were not even warm to the touch, so I feel there is a lot of room for top speed improvements. Here are pics, and a video that I made, while driving, LOL. Its just a straight line run. The kneelers are pretty cool boats! I do believe this hull could handle 50+mph with no issues as it was rock solid stable. Enjoy! Mike

Video:

IMGP0007Large.jpg

IMGP0008Large.jpg

IMGP0010Large.jpg

IMGP0011Large.jpg

IMGP0012Large.jpg

IMGP0013Large.jpg

Well, I ran it again last night, but I removed the 36-80-1600kv Medusa that I was running on 4s2p, and installed a 36-70-2000kv Medusa on 4s2p, and let me just say...WOW, the boat is easily in the mid 40's range. The extra kv made the boat really move. It was 3-4" chop, and the hull was ripping threw it. The best part was even with a 70mm can vs. the original 80mm can, the motor, batteries, and esc stayed just about cold to the touch with the X642. I cannot believe the power these Medusas have. I actually ordered a 36-80-2000kv for this hull to be a permanent setup and I cannot wait for it to arrive. I am staying 4s2p..forget 5s2p on the 1600kv. I am getting all the power I need to make it fun. The best part is I ran it for at least 3-4 minutes, and only drain about 1910mah from the 5000mah zippys. And did this consistantly with 2 separate runs. My VS1 with UL-1 motor goes threw mah worse than this boat! Anyways, Im really pleased with the boat, and power. To another story, I added some decals to the boat. Thought it looked realistic, let me know what you think! Also, I am listing my other identical 41" kneeler in the FS thread today if anyone wants to have one for theirselves! Mike

IMGP0029Large.jpg

IMGP0030Large.jpg

IMGP0031Large.jpg

IMGP0032Large.jpg

Here is another video. Still no turn fin, and CofG a little off. Its fast tho! This was from yesterday. Since the lack of hi speed steering has finally got on my nerves I went ahead an made the turn fin assembly today. That should make my videos a little more fun that straightline action. Oh, and about 20 seconds into the video, check out the drifting action..full speed sliding sideways! I love this boat! I will have some pics later tonight, or tommorow of the turn fin setup. Should be able to test it once this bad weather ends. Mike

Here is another video. Still no turn fin, and CofG a little off. Its fast tho! This was from yesterday. Since the lack of hi speed steering has finally got on my nerves I went ahead an made the turn fin assembly today. That should make my videos a little more fun that straightline action. Oh, and about 20 seconds into the video, check out the drifting action..full speed sliding sideways! I love this boat! I will have some pics later tonight, or tommorow of the turn fin setup. Should be able to test it once this bad weather ends. Mike

Looking great!!! :D Chris

Chris, I got some of your 52" center former done tonight. As soon as the rest of the wood comes in and I can glue things I will start a build thread for your hull. Be on the lookout! Mike

Back