My New .12 Rigger A Few ??

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Philmunsterman

I just bought a JAE .12 from a fellow Member. I had a chance to run it today and had a few questions. It has the Novarossi Air Cooled engine and a prather 215 prop ( Sholund 1440 on the way ) I was running 20% and the boat launched and ran good but it seemed slow maybe 40 mph.

1) How much difference will 50% make ?

2) The HS was set at 7 turns out. Is that the factory setting ??

Thanks Phil

Your putting water in it 50 or 60 will make a world of difference. The needle must be set to make the motor rev with slight hesitation . Once you hit the water a few times lean or richen to make it sing .

I just bought a JAE .12 from a fellow Member. I had a chance to run it today and had a few questions. It has the Novarossi Air Cooled engine and a prather 215 prop ( Sholund 1440 on the way ) I was running 20% and the boat launched and ran good but it seemed slow maybe 40 mph.

Thanks Phil
I agree with Mike the little 12's really like a lot of nitro. You will need to set the needle by sound. If you are not taking out plugs and especially at 7 turns and 20% you are probably rich. Next time you take it out start leaning 1/4 turn every launch and run a couple laps, if no RPM / speed bring it in and go another 1/4 turn lean. It will either start picking up RPM or stop launching. Is the 215 stock?

David

I'm going to switch to 50% this weekend and try to get it leaned out a little more. The 215 looks sharpened but stock.

you need a 1440 mark sholund prop and 50% you boat is going to sing my friend lol. im going to run 65% on my JAE .12 with Nova

Thanks Phil
20%.. boat fuel?... hum

Is that car fuel?

If so you need to use a boat fuel.. car fuel its not going to go fast or run well no matter what you do.

Rocket and Roll!

Grim

grim has a very good point. get fuel from ron drake 60 to 65% you will be singing then get a hold of Vansracing here he can guide you to him.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got my 1440 prop from Mark Sholund. Great service and the prop looks like a work of art. Hope to try it out this weekend with some 50% nitro and see if I can get this boat movin a little faster !!

Back