My Boat is MIA

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

john chamorro

I bought a Dumas Circus Circus kit from a guy in Cananda and the USPS or Customs seems to have eaten it! Post Office says Customs has it and Customs says mthey never got it. I bet this is going to be fun,,,,,,,,,,,,, Anyway, I'm going to be looking for another kit to build. I'm looking for something in a stand0off scale around the 36" or larger. Hydro, Mono, Flatbottom Suggestions?

How long has it been since the package was shipped? Coming from the States to Canada if it's caught up in Customs they will fondle it for a bit and charge you a handling fee for their services. Lol I've had stuff take a month and had to pay a service charge of $5.00 for their efforts. Not sure how it works coming in your direction but the package always arrived either way.

Ron

It's been missing for a week. The problem is that the USPS says they sent it to Customs and they say they don't have it and never got it either. We ship shirts/sweatshirts and 'stuff' all over the world and except for the interior of Australia have never had a problem. The only place we don't ship is Africa because it's gauranteed to disappear.

Is there a preference to set up for email notification? I'm still trying to figure the ins and outs of the forum.

John

It was shipped on the 30th Canada Priority International.

Last edited by a moderator:
Be patient John. A week is not near enough time for a package from Canada to the U.S. Another week or two and I might get worried. I've had envelopes take two plus weeks to get here, but on the other hand have waited only 5 days for something to come from the same state. It will come.

I had one come out of Canada that did the same thing- give it a few.

Patience is not my best virtue. I paid extra$$ for the 4-10 day priority. The tracking stalled on the 5th so today I started a trace and nobody want to cop to having it. I understand that Customs is a world unto itself.

John

I got a eng from Canada and it showed up after 8 weeks.

Never again!!!!!!

Worst boarder to ship across.

David

Never again!!!!!!

David
Sorry I even got started on this thread. Probably the same reason I never got into the Christmas give-away this year. The whole "lower 48" thing just freaks me out.

Never again!!!!!!

David
Sorry I even got started on this thread. Probably the same reason I never got into the Christmas give-away this year. The whole "lower 48" thing just freaks me out.
Ron, you and I have swapped stuff and it hasn't been any trouble at all

I just sent a Rigger up to Duck899 and it went fine,, a little $$$$ but arrived fine

Something sort of stinks here. The USPS says customs has it and is opening it for whatever reason and Customs says they never recieved it. I think there's a boat builder working for the U.S. Customs in New York.

Anytime you are shipping small items List them as Toy Boat Parts for repair. Most of the time they will let it slide thru. try to keep the value as low as possible.

Never again!!!!!!

David
Ron the Boat parts I shipped you USPS took approx 2 weeks to get there from the time i shipped them.. Should have been faster ?? Buy the way i go the pipe today. I will work perfectly. Thanks again.

Never again!!!!!!

David
Ron the Boat parts I shipped you USPS took approx 2 weeks to get there from the time i shipped them.. Should have been faster ?? Buy the way i go the pipe today. I will work perfectly. Thanks again.
Good to know Joe. I was hoping to help someone out this Christmas. Glad it was you.

Later, Ron

Cool, let me know if i can return the favor.. I owe you one B)

Well the good news is it will prob show up, Bad news is what shape it might be in...........

Bought a nice old 4 string tenor banjo from a dealer in Canada, used but not abused, worth some serious coin.

Already had it sold on arrival so sent extra bucks get it here faster, Well 90 days later it showed box beat to tha dickens,

And the banjo was in pieces........Many calls to customs on both sides and got the same runaround,

Gene

I'm covered a couple different ways. One is that i paid with PP and they have a great buyer protection program. If it does show up and it's BTS, then I'll file a claim with PP and atleast get my money back while I wait for the USPS insurance to clear.

IT'S NO LONGER MIA!!! Our mail guy just called to say my boat is safley tucked away in the back seat of his truck!! I'll get it with todays mail delivery!! YAY!!! Thanks for all the support!! Now the search for an engine<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Back