Must Have Records if you Rock

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Speaking of robin trower, when he was with procol harem -broken barricades. before you were born, rodney? i remember riding with my mother in her new '56 chevy convertible listeninng to elvis, bill haley, jerry lee she started me right!

I had the pleaseure of seeing them do this one LIVE at the Filmore west the night before I got out of the army. Jan 21 1972.
A few other favorites:

Jethro Tull- Aqualung

Bob Dylan

The Who

Bloomfield/ Kooper/ Stills- Super Session

Lonnie Mack- Attack of the Killer V

Smokin Gun- Live at the Central saloon

Warren Zevon- Anthology- Ill sleep when I'm dead

Bob Seeger

Powder Blues Band- Greatist hits

Daniel Castro Band- No Surrender

I never got to see Traffic live but I did get to see my fair share of bands when I was young. My best friend was a couple of years older than me and his brother was a couple more and he used to work at a place here in town called Daniels Den. It was a club for teens to come and hangout and listen to bands. He used to sneak us in the stage door and we got to see, The Frost,The Byrds, The Kingsman, The Strawberry Alarmclock, Seen Nugent and the Ambouy Dukes and Bob Seger played there all the time. Being around older people my taste in music was influenced by what they listened to. So I have a pretty eclectic collection, at one time I had over 1000 albums on vinyl but most of those are gone now because somebody broke into the house and cleaned me out. I still see my initials on some at the pawn shops even now. I recently bought a copy of Electric Ladyland and it had my initials inside.lol Heres a link to the Den you guys will probaly recognize the bands they talk about.

http://www.michiganrockandrolllegends.com/dr-js-blog/127-daniels-den-60s-teen-club

Yep, had my share of vinyl and lost most to a basement flood a few years back, finally sold my old stereo last year, really hated to unload the turntable. Nice bonus this year let me start over with top shelf Marantz and SACD technology at the core, iTunes is for iPods, not REAL music!

Procol Harem

Bachman Turner Overdrive

REO Speedwagon

Doobie Brothers

Kansas (saw them up close as a bar band just before they went big time)

Allman Brothers

Marshall Tucker

Charlie Daniels

Edgar and Johnny Winters

The Eagles

Joe Walsh

Steve Miller

Lynyrd Skynyrd

Steely Dan

Fleetwood Mac

Heart

Peter Frampton

Dire Straits

And a gazillion others I am slowly acquiring again

We had a place downtown Detroit all these bands played at before they hit it huge i would go see them about every weekend what a memory. Robert

Last edited by a moderator:
Some kinda wierd stuff....anybody remember King Crimson, Emerson Lake, and Palmer? BLOOD ROCK?(D.O.A.).....How about Crazyhorse............Blackfoot Sue (Standin in the Road)....Montrose...remember who the singer was? Trying to think of some more sorta "unique" bands.....

Back