MPH?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
harold, yes, a can style muffler will liven up your k&b. it will work best with the 'pipe timing' piston & sleeve. and, yes, a leecraft can still be competetive. i finished 5th in b mod tunnel at this year's tunnel championships - running a k&b B) . not a win, but not too shabby for a 10 or 12 year old hull that i had never even had on the water until the race, running against all the best with their latest & greatest...... haven't forgotten your pm, just been very busy with my son's wedding coming up on saturday.
Robin,

We missed ya at the FallNats, I have a parts box to give you, P/sleeves and cases, etc.....Is Barn JR the one gittin hitched?
yeah, randy, jr. is gettin' hitched. on halloween, no less! scary day for a scary move :lol: that is also part of why i missed the fall nats. my (our) anniversary is 10/22, 31 years this time. we always take a short trip to celebrate, that & having to fence more pasture before winter for the hayburners, too much to do & too much $ goin' out. same reasons i can't consider the brandon race :( . will that care package fit in a small or medium usps flat rate shipping box? i'll pay for the shipping, lmk. on a side note - i love our horses, kinda like part of the family. BUT, no matter what you do to them, how much you feed them, or how you train them - you still only have ONE horsepower <_< :lol: :lol: ...

Bone stock out of the box 3.5 K&B on a Dumas Hot Shot Sprint running 50% nitro...

Anyone ever known of one that would run low to mid 40's?

Is it possible for this boat to run that kind of speeds and has one ever been known to hit the low 50 mark with a bone stock 3.5? :ph34r:

[/quote

Harold,

Welcome to tunnel boats and welcome to Sport Tunnel racing. If you stick with what you have right now- you might just surprise yourself with a few heat wins.

Is your motor the older 8907 (Skiny Exhaust) or SS Motor (Round Can Muffler).. It does make a difference.

If its the 8907 and your new to this.. on a Hot Shot Sprint.. no chance of anything over 40MPH. You might kiss it but the HSS being a rocker boat.. not much more then that im afraid. If you Warm-Up the innards BTY completely legal In IMPBA Sport Tunnel racing Over 40 is possible.. having said that, regardless of the power head, racing the HSS over 45MPH is a crapshoot to say the least. Being a rocker boat it points is tits to the sky more then newer designs.. over 45 and over she goes.

In most tunnel boat heats your boat is going to be more then ready to take a win..

A few hints..

Get on the drivers stand and look at the course before your pit dude launches the boat. When you have that in your head.. have him launch.

Start at about 1:45, launch and make two laps. Do not run the boat around the course more then it needs to. You are going to make a total of 9 laps in heat racing from now on.. Its time to start practicing that now or Premo, Johno, Drake, Lee, Mitch, and the BOSS,s (Jay and Mic) among the others are going to school you.. and we want you winning.

Stand on every possible position on the drivers stand. Do not fall into I gota stand there or its going to screw up my race, head game. Let the others deal with that..

ALWAYS lift going into the corners. Even if you are hot on the tail of first place.. It will cause you to pay attention to your position on the course… If you feel.. you do not have to lift cus your trying to make up ground.. your in the wrong lane.. 90% of heat wins come from lanes 1,2 and 3.. not 8, 15 and 20…

Get ready to have some fun.. RC boat racing is a BLAST!

Grim

Last edited by a moderator:
Listen to Grim. Hes as good as they get!!! One of the best to take advise from!!
rodney nice to see you crawl outfrom under agian..lol get your butt in gear and finish that whiplash under my bench and lets go racing man..as for the tunnels it is hard to beat a vs-1 for quality and performance, all top notch from the get go and my 6 yo is pretty fast with his it is stable and responsive and with a kb ss it will be competitive anywhere in stock tunnel..imo.

tk

Listen to Grim. Hes as good as they get!!! One of the best to take advise from!!
rodney nice to see you crawl outfrom under agian..lol get your butt in gear and finish that whiplash under my bench and lets go racing man..as for the tunnels it is hard to beat a vs-1 for quality and performance, all top notch from the get go and my 6 yo is pretty fast with his it is stable and responsive and with a kb ss it will be competitive anywhere in stock tunnel..imo.

tk
haha, yeah man, im still around. Havnt had **** for time since I joined up on an IMCA Dirt Modified crew. Pretty much takes up every spare minute of time Ive got, but its a blast!!! I only have 1 boat left, and that is a miss vegas. Then of course that half built whip under your bench. haha.

Well guys I can see why the thread was started on this little boat. The Duncans brought the boat to our pond today and all I can say is that is the fastest Hot Shot I have ever seen and it has a standard water cooled K&B on it. At one point after trying several different props and engine trim settings this boat was hauling the mail! The driver did a fine job and with some more practice this rig will be a contender in Sport B.

Sweet.... Harold, load it up and bring it to Brandon! Mark, faster than Harter's HS? Thats the fastest one ive seen.

~James

Sweet.... Harold, load it up and bring it to Brandon! Mark, faster than Harter's HS? Thats the fastest one ive seen.

~James

Jon Harter's HS is an old wood one (still best IMO) but I am thinking it is a mod boat and not as sport one. No matter, it is the fastest HS I have ever seen in 20 years of racing.

Yeah, its a mod boat. I know Mark has seen Harters boat, just wondering how it compares.

~James

~James

Jon Harter's HS is an old wood one (still best IMO) but I am thinking it is a mod boat and not as sport one. No matter, it is the fastest HS I have ever seen in 20 years of racing.
Harold,

Take that as Gospel, its coming from people who know quick, and Harter's was the best runner I seen in 20 years of it. Load that puppy and point South.... Harter had mod, Irwin stamp pipe KB

Harold,

Glad to hear you got the boat running better.

Not to "nay say" anyone here, but my wood HSS K&B SS motor always hits 46 or better when radar'd, race trim.. The boat always takes home trophys in the districts that I race. What confuses me even more, I have more trophys in B tunnel than B Sport. And yes, I run the boat in both classes at the same race.

Well guys I can see why the thread was started on this little boat. The Duncans brought the boat to our pond today and all I can say is that is the fastest Hot Shot I have ever seen and it has a standard water cooled K&B on it. At one point after trying several different props and engine trim settings this boat was hauling the mail! The driver did a fine job and with some more practice this rig will be a contender in Sport B.
Mark,

We definitely appreciate the encouraging words after all that has been said. Not bad for some good ol boys just starting out with ancient toys. Just got to try and quit making FEATHERS FLY :blink: LOL

William Duncan

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello everyone its my first time posting on here. Harold is my uncle,and this post is about my HSS. I would like to thank everyone for the help and info on this boat. I would like to thank Mr.Poole for letting us come and run today at his club's pond in Savannah. I also got a lot of set up help from O.B Nut on RC Universe.com, and would like to thank him as well. Today was the first time I have ever run on a "regulation" course with bouys. It's a lot harder than it looks! Out of six, 6lap runs I managed 2 solid hits on the same bouy. We are going to try to get to the race in Fla. We still have some fine tuning to do with the set up. Again thanks for the help and we hope to see yall in Fla.

Jimmy

It did not have the end of straightaway speed as Harters but this boat was turning quick and the motor was winding up fast and was turning some really good laps. I was impressed at how quick it would come around the corners even without stumble blocks. They found a prop that really let the boat rock back and fly without bouncing. How the boat will run with 6-7 other boats is the real test. Our pond never gets rough.

Latest posts

Back