Motor Mounts for .12 riggers

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Leyde

Club Racer
Guy's I have noticed that it looks like some of you use rubber grommets through the hull. am I correct? Do you then neck down the round delrin/nylon standoffs so that they go through the center of the grommet? or does it just fit flush against the grommet.

If any of you could post some pictures of your setup, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Mark

i'm working on my newest boat plan.... and put together the parts list :) I believe this will work for a 2 1/2" inside width tub.

Motor mount parts from McMastercarr.com

Part Number: Description:

99091A247 Black Nylon Hex Head Machine Screw 10-24 Thread, 1" Length, Packs of 100 (Same as 99091A330)

9307K12 Push-in Flexible Rubber Grommet MS 35489-33, AN 931-A3-5, 3/16" ID, 7/16" OD, Packs of 50 (Same as 9307K92)

8663K15 Black Delrin Rectangular Bar 3/8" Thick X 3/8" Width

92825A051 Plastic Unthreaded Round Spacer 5/16" OD, 5/16" Length, .192" ID, Packs of 20

Thanks Tom its been a pain trying to find the stuff to make a mount for my new 12 rigger.

Tom M.

You can also use a motor mount from an rc car. There are quite a few options there, and cheap.

joe

I made some Micro mounts for the .12 engines last week. The set of rails are drilled and tapped for most (probably all) .12 engines.

The rails only weigh 3.5 grams for the set.

We'll have them for sale as soon as we get the hardware together.

Also have new Micro Struts in stock....and a Micro rudder that is nearly ready.

Mark,

I will try and get a picture of my mount setup. I have plenty of extra grommets if it ends up being the correct size...

Mike

Mark,

We run a solid mount in our boats made out of a nylon type

material. We don't like the motor flexing inside our tub. You

would be surprised how much flexing is going on in our

propellers and boat set ups.

Good Topic,

Mark Sholund

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back