Motor mount for a JAE 60/80 boat

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisHerzog

Supporting Member
I bought a JAE 60/80 boat that I plan on building and I have been trying to come up with a cleaver way to secure the motor mounts to the hull. I was just going to go with nylon bolts through the rubbers like on an Eagle SG but then I found these screws. I can tighten them down without pinching the rubber grommets and the smooth finish should help with the life span of the grommet as well.

thoughts....

Attachments

• C0D98FFA-ED0D-4E36-BCC1-6CD0A1E924BB.jpeg
    C0D98FFA-ED0D-4E36-BCC1-6CD0A1E924BB.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 34
Should work nicely... just seal the holes in the sides of the hull real good.

I never did like those 1/4 " lord mounts.. they seem clunky and oversized for what they do on a standard mount.

Keep a few grommets in the toolbox for a quick change out if one gets torn...I don't see a downside!

The JAE .21 ZippKit mount
3555.JPG

The JAE .21 ZippKit mount
3555.JPG
Yep, I just about have my 20 JAE done! Anyway when I was looking for the screws for the 67/80 boat I couldn’t find them in nylon so I ordered them in metal. I have since went back and found them in nylon and I should have them tomorrow. I haven’t started this build yet, just collecting all the parts for it. I also wanted to be able to drill out the holes for the motor mount before anything was built. The next thing is to figure out how I’m going to mount the booms and turn fin for it but I think that I have a handle on that.

Latest posts

Back