Mod VP Rules and Setup

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Guys,

This is a totally new class for me and many others. Can someone please post the current rules for this class and help with setup and details on what works and what doesn't? I would appreciate clarification on the hull details and the engine rules, so I can look-over everything and know what can and can not be done to these hulls/engines. Links to the rules would help as well. Thanks.
I have a pdf with the modVP rules etc.

Hey Guys,

This is a totally new class for me and many others. Can someone please post the current rules for this class and help with setup and details on what works and what doesn't? I would appreciate clarification on the hull details and the engine rules, so I can look-over everything and know what can and can not be done to these hulls/engines. Links to the rules would help as well. Thanks.
I have a pdf with the modVP rules etc.
Great. Mark Poole and Drew have posted bits and pieces but if you have the rules in a single PDF document, can you post in this thread or send to me to post? My email is [email protected]...... ;) Thanks Ron.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is a copy of the official Mod VP Rules for everyone to share. Ron Van Essen was kind enough to provide to me to post. Thanks Ron. Enjoy..... ;)

Mod_v-p Rules.pdf

Attachments

• Mod_v-p Rules.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 127
Ron, what makes this class interesting is that there are many ways to configure a boat and be within the rules. It is a 'challenge class' to see who can build a better mouse trap! Fact is, a center keel boat will not turn as fast as a tunnel so it is also a challenge of who can drive the best. Gets real exciting when you have an 8 boat heat of them. K&B, OS and Thunder Tiger engines have all scored wins in this class. That is why Sport B engine rules work good here too. No less that 5 different hulls have led the way in various races.

Ron, what makes this class interesting is that there are many ways to configure a boat and be within the rules. It is a 'challenge class' to see who can build a better mouse trap! Fact is, a center keel boat will not turn as fast as a tunnel so it is also a challenge of who can drive the best. Gets real exciting when you have an 8 boat heat of them. K&B, OS and Thunder Tiger engines have all scored wins in this class. That is why Sport B engine rules work good here too. No less that 5 different hulls have led the way in various races.
Thanks Mark. When you created this class to mirror the full-size boats you were obviously trying to accomplish just that, to group everyone together and make the best driver for that heat and last lap, win!!!!.... ;) Should be a hoot to run for sure!!!......... ;)

This has to be one of the most fun heats I have EVER run Ron, turn up the volume and listen to the chatter on the stand, great stuff B)

A prime example of an 8 boat heat that had all 4 hull manufactures leading at one point or another.

Andy

Yeah, that one was fun. The heat after that was not! Too bad they did not get my boat 6 feet in the air on camera! An OMC boat makes a great ski ramp. :eek: Note to self.....Next time just cut the buoy and lose 50 points!

This has to be one of the most fun heats I have EVER run Ron, turn up the volume and listen to the chatter on the stand, great stuff B)

A prime example of an 8 boat heat that had all 4 hull manufactures leading at one point or another.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6JVEDfHjIo

Andy
Andy,

That was a blast to watch. Can only imagine how fun it was to race. Thanks for sharing!!!!......... :)

Yeah, that one was fun. The heat after that was not! Too bad they did not get my boat 6 feet in the air on camera! An OMC boat makes a great ski ramp. :eek: Note to self.....Next time just cut the buoy and lose 50 points!
Mark,

Can the center sponson be less than 1" above the baseline as long as it is at least 1" wide at the intersection of the baseline?

Ahhh , all good- Wish they would got it on film though -

Back stretch has the right of way Mike :p

The Tri-Oval ROCKS btw ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAOFaBHw7hY

Andy

Hi everyone. Just reading yourblog,I race a mod vp in Canada made by Andy of Longboard boats. I run it in Canada & it really hauls ass. Andy made this mod vp to copy my real STV river rocket .I would like to show you my pics but I can't seem to do it on here. If someone knows how, send me an email at : [email protected] & I will send you some of my pics so that you can post it for me. thanks.

Send Em to - [email protected]

It will prob. be the am before I can post em but I will . Im glad you brought up Longboard boats -

If you have not already done so............

ANDY MASON - MAKE IT RIGHT - WINDEX'S BOAT ?????? WTF ????

If Im out of line and this has been handled- I'm sorry- but at this point I have not heard either way and I requested BOTH parties to keep me posted.

When I heard the UNREAL amount of time that had passed with less than proper communication - I got involved. Well Andy that was a week or two after the WinterNats when Bill told me about it- **** NEAR A YEAR AFTER HE PAID FOR IT ????? :huh:

I CALLED YOU 2 months ago dude ................

hello ??

I HATE TO DO IT THIS Way ANDY MASON BUT COME ON MAN ?????

WTF ?????????? YOU HAVE MY NUMBER ITS 813-377-6242 YOU OWE BILL GIBSON A BOAT - MAKE IT RIGHT .....Kinda funny how I also find out you have had someone else's boat and thundertiger set up you have YET to return or do something with. Look man I like ya- But Im gonna trash your ass till you make this stuff right, your screwing my good friends and I wont have it-

I THOUGHT WE where friends ?????????

Andy Greene

Pick up the phone - you owe me a phone call-anytime24-7

And we're done... not sure whats going on here Andy, but take it back channel please sir. This aint the place.

~ James

James, i hope you wont be upset with me if i can just say thanks to AG and evidently a couple of other people who have apparantly offered other options.....model boaters are just great people...ill say no more! Thank you

Bill, YOUR good people- period.

You may not remember it(Im sure you wouldnt), but many moons ago when I came to just watch the first race I ever went to at Brandon 04/05 maybe, you where set up close to your reg spot/ so one of the first guys I met. I walked up and chatted with you a few and you treated me like a friend from minute one, explained things to me, ect. Over the years you helped me a bunch and have always a good ear/boating or life- Its people like you Bill that make people like me try and become a good representative of our little nitch. So when someone takes advantage of a person with a heart like yours pal- THEY SCREWED UP .

I would like to think ANDY M will do the right thing and make good on the word he gave you - BUT- if not - We got your back buddy. Cleggs at the tunnel champs and we are being nice here. Would like to see this one NOT get the Wheels chopped of mods.

Andy

Back