Mod Vp hull specs link?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Old Trophy Tunnel!!! Otto used to win lots of races with those things. Boat would just sit back on the prop and ride high. Andy, I need that hull back so I can do something to it. Who should I send my mailing info too?

HEY WINDEX - LOOK WHAT I FOUND :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Yeeeeep- thats your ModVp B)

1zyk8zk.jpg

Now we just gotta get your rocket/hat and boat to ya - hell your driving down here :lol:

Mark did the accent color on the cowl in the gel- its sweet.

Andy
WOW! Thats one SWEET lookin boat! Nice job Mark.....still not believin this......sure are some awfully nice people in this hobby!

Old Trophy Tunnel!!! Otto used to win lots of races with those things. Boat would just sit back on the prop and ride high. Andy, I need that hull back so I can do something to it. Who should I send my mailing info too?
Either me or Randy Mark- I left it at Randy's though. We are just gonna kick a quick cowl mold- dont mind the pva :eek: :eek: :p :p :p

KIDDING of course ;)

Andy

Nice

Im thinking of having ago at 1 of these myself,iv become intrigued since it was mentioned on 1 of threads some time ago

;)

Alright Bill, let's get this thing together and have some fun. I want one of those trophy boats, it would make a cool mod vp. It looks a lot like the last version of the stv race boat.

What do I need to do when I take a pic and upload it to my computer and the forum upload says too big or whatever? Which setting on a camera do I use so uploads work?

Rodney i like the looks of this

we need to get some thing like this in our area

got a box of unbuilt rockets at a garge sale need to trade

Mark this your hull? right

Marty

Marty, that is Mark's hull's. We can easily build one. You have extra tunnels there. I have a spare Sniper II here.... What do you say? We can just VHB tape center pod's on our boats and have at it? We can easily tune the shape and angle of them that way. Not to say its that simple, as Im sure its not, but you between the two of us, we can surely make something work.

Im down if you are? When do you want to get started? :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for posting the pics in large size Rod.

Yes I have thought about the center section being narrowed. But not just as simple as reducing the pod width because then the tunnels become wider. What I might do is pull a hull from the mold and run it through a table saw right down the middle and take out what I want that way the tunnels remain the same width. But considering the Mod-VP design is the only boats I have built from scratch it runs pretty good. Refining a hull can turn into a full time job! Notice the small pieces of 1/8 stock glued in the front of the tunnels. They act as vortex generaters, keeps from adding weight in windy conditions.

Myself, if I were going to change a tunnel into a Mod-VP I would put a shallow Vee across the width of the tunnel kind of like an STV. Then add a flat pad to see if I makes it faster. A Quatermaster built to the right dimensions would be interesting also.

Latest posts

Back