MMBA 2005 Summer Sizzler August 26th-27th!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

purespeed01

Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to remind you all of the upcoming Mississippi Model Boaters Association's 2005 Summer Sizzler, August 26th-27th at Holmes County State Park!

This is going to be a great race. We just had a work day/fun day today and our pond is in perfect condition. The beavers seem to have gone on vacation and taken the weeds with them! The water is at perfect level and grounds are in great shape. :p

As you may know, there are both clean, air conditioned dormitories for only $6.00 per night and very nice cabins available as well. Right in the heart of IMPBA District 5, the MMBA race site is perfect not only for us racers but also a great place that you can also bring your family as well. Activities include ice skating, fishing, nature hikes and more! :D

Please check our website, http://www.mississippimodelboaters.com for all the details and registration. :)

And while I am at it, please allow me to dispell some myths about our club. B)

WE ARE NOT a gas-only club!! I don't know how we got that rap but I'm here to tell you that 50% of our membership (although we are a small club by comparison), races nitro either exclusively or in addition to the gas boats. Personally, I race gas but that's not because I dislike nitro. I am not mechanically inclined so the gasboats are easier for me. But I really admire the ultra fast nitro boats and racers and get a big kick out of watching! :D

So I'd like you all to know that all are welcome at our races! :)

See you there!!

Very Sincerely,

Doug Cuffman

President, MMBA

Last edited by a moderator:
Good post Doug your site is a very nice site and your permanent drivers stand and judges stand are one of the top in the IMPBA and District Five. All sites in District Five have permanent drivers /judges stands. Unlike a lot of site you do not have to wade into the water to launch boats. Really great facilities in District Five.

Bill Zuber

IMPBA President.

purespeed01 said:
Hey Everyone,

Please check our website, http://www.mississippimodelboaters.com for all the details and registration. :)

And while I am at it, please allow me to dispell some myths about our club. B)

WE ARE NOT a gas-only club!!  I don't know how we got that rap but I'm here to tell you that 50% of our membership (although we are a small club by comparison), races nitro either exclusively or in addition to the gas boats.  Personally, I race gas but that's not because I dislike nitro.  I am not mechanically inclined so the gasboats are easier for me. But I really admire the ultra fast nitro boats and racers and get a big kick out of watching! :D

So I'd like you all to know that all are welcome at our races! :)

See you there!!

Very Sincerely,

Doug Cuffman

President, MMBA

109540[/snapback]

Doug

Will F Mono make at this race?

If not, is the Open Mono class Open Gas Mono or Open Mono?

The reason I ask is I have a new CMB 101 going into a Hurricane that I am itching to get in the mix with.

I know a die hard gasser going FUEL!!!

Dwight

Back