ML Boatworks RSX310 , My 1st Outrigger design ever! 31", P/ P-ltd FE Rigger!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ray, I posted on FB giving you props for making them. When I saw them in your pics, I knew I had to make some! They are the deal!!!! Made decking those sponsons an absolute breeze. Might even get me building for customers again! haha

Rrray...those clamps are slicker than snot!!
The cool thing is a 4ft lenght of pipe makes a sh*t load of clamps. Mike you need to design a tool (spreader pliers) so you have one hand free.
default_wink.png

For a 31" boat, it was rough and windy today. This thing did really well for its first time out. The 1450 was the prop of the day, however an H7 ran well too. There was one run that I didnt video that really showed off the boat well. I though considering the wind, and waves, it handled full speed, or near full speed very well. I know my 30" tunnels, and 31" sport hydros would have had to be run a lot more gingerly around the pond vs. how this handled it. I am going to go out early tomorrow, and try to get some calmer water videos. I am near my limit as far as setup knowledge with riggers tho, but I will continue to test! It's fast, and not once did it blow off or act stupid in any direction I went!

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike,

Looks great for a first run, especially in that chop. Can't wait to get my hands on one. What are you running for motor, esc and battery? How were the temps?

Regards,

Bob

Looks like it's got great potential Mike!!! I also like those clamps and will have to make some. Bob are you going to send it to me for the building as I mite have to get one also? Great job on those motor mounts!!

Brad

Looks good Mike! ...just gotta see how it runs in some wind and chop...Ha-ha!! ; )

The H-7 and 1450 have been a great prop for 20 size FE riggers...one will work a bit better than the other depending on the individual boat and how it is setup...

Nice Job!! Flat water tomorrow?

Yeah Ken, that was rougher than it looked. It was a short, 4" chop, so the boat literally was running over top of it! I am hoping to get out there early tomorrow to do some calm water testing. So far so good!

Yeah, that was pretty rough conditions...even for a cat!

Really hard to tell if the tail is dragging or not. I do like how it stuck to the rough water!! Yup...so far so good for a maiden!!! ; )

Exciting stuff!!

That looks good for a maiden run in that chop, Mike. I like what I see (-; - just doesn't sound or smell right LOL!

Here are a couple runs from today. (The two posts above? Calm, and medium small chop. Ran really good, and fast! I am thinking I will move the CoG back some. It is at the trailing edge of the turn fin now, and has yet to be loose. I think I can loosen it up further, and it be even better in the rough stuff, keeping the prop planted even more. So far, I am really proud of the design. It did exactly as I had hoped!

Yaa-hoo! I like it! Definately has more in it...one change at a time will tell...

Awesome!

Mike, As far as I concerned, you have every right to be proud. The boat looks great. I can't wait to have one.

Bob

**** Mike, you just might get me running 21 rigger again. Hell, what's another project in the greater scheme of things.
default_laugh.png
default_cool.png

Back