ML Boatworks rigger stands available NOW!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Web page looks really good Mike, the prices are more than reasonable considering the quality of wood and laser work. Look forward to receiving mine.
default_smile.png

I received my rigger stands on Saturday and started assembly (will post some pics tomorrow). I gotta say these things ROCK! The wood quality is top notch and the laser work is spot on, everything fits well. The ML stands are seriously heavy duty and definitely well worth the price!
default_cool.png

maybe you could add a prop guard for safety?
I'm glad IMPBA does NOT have that rule. Back when we ran NAMBA and IMPBA races I saw more close calls and near misses in the pits from spinning props because of how racers were lifting the boats high up to clear the prop guards then swinging them around to go launch. Don't miss that or the launch handle on riggers rule, more than once it resulted in fingertips getting buzzed from props after releasing transom mounted launch handles.
default_ohmy.png

Last edited by a moderator:
For the Namba members who do have the prop guard rule. I am working on a standard optional prop guard for the rigger stands. It will be offered very soon. Thanks, mike

I'm glad IMPBA does NOT have that rule. Back when we ran NAMBA and IMPBA races I saw more close calls and near misses in the pits from spinning props because of how racers were lifting the boats high up to clear the prop guards then swinging them around to go launch. Don't miss that or the launch handle on riggers rule, more than once it resulted in fingertips getting buzzed from props after releasing transom mounted launch handles.
default_ohmy.png

For the Namba members who do have the prop guard rule. I am working on a standard optional prop guard for the rigger stands. It will be offered very soon. Thanks, mike
Still a gray area. 2014 IMPBA rule book page 9, E-6. Boat stands should have prop guards. I agree on launch handle, bad idea, but still listed in rule book.
default_ph34r.png

default_ohmy.png

Still a gray area. 2014 IMPBA rule book page 9, E-6. Boat stands should have prop guards. I agree on launch handle, bad idea, but still listed in rule book.
default_ph34r.png
The key word is SHOULD, recommended but not required.
default_wink.png

My guard has saved me im sure. I've never changed a thing to have one. I had a tunnel without one once...... once, never again. Takes just a split second for a spinning prop to make ground meat out of a finger. Want to see my scars?

Haha, to funny Dan. I hope you have been doing well. Did you finish the 8200 Oberto yet???

Well I just finished gluing up the last stand and bottom line is these things are the bomb. I used scrap dowel rod pieces to line up the "hockey sticks" during the gluing process. Rock solid, super sturdy and everything fit perfectly.
default_smile.png

no I haven't, winter was not kind to me, ran my a-- of in the tow trucks , like about 7800 miles in 2 1/2 months. i haven't worked on a boat or the car , now cars , that I am restoring. and in about 4 weeks, its race time. then in 6 weeks our clubs 2 day event. but thanks for asking.

dan

Well I just finished gluing up the last stand and bottom line is these things are the bomb. I used scrap dowel rod pieces to line up the "hockey sticks" during the gluing process. Rock solid, super sturdy and everything fit perfectly.
default_smile.png
Yo Don over in the corner did I see some dust?
default_rolleyes.gif

Man, those look better than the CAD drawing! haha. Nice work Don. Thanks for pushing me to make these and giving me the data to do so! Mike

Man, those look better than the CAD drawing! haha. Nice work Don. Thanks for pushing me to make these and giving me the data to do so! Mike
Glad I was able to "motivate" you, it was worth it. Now I just need to decide on the final finish coat- either a dark stain or the traditional black on my boat stands............

Last edited by a moderator:
Did I miss it on the website or is there no 1/8th Scale stand yet ?

Forgive me if I missed it -
default_happy.png

GREAT looking stands BTW Mike
default_cool.png

Andy

Don, is that what you call a Plethora of stands???? Look great!

Thanks Andy, Not yet. I am trying to come up with a stand that has pegs in the rear support so you can adjust the width of the plate to help hold the hull from shifting left to right. That way it can be universal, and work on both shovel nose and pickle hulls.

Mike

default_smile.png
Don, what are you using for adhesive? Epoxy? CA?

I would imagine epoxy is best, especially for the multi-layer side sections

default_smile.png
Don, what are you using for adhesive? Epoxy? CA?

I would imagine epoxy is best, especially for the multi-layer side sections
Cyberbond 5030 epoxy.
default_smile.png

Back