Mitch Gas outboards

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's still in the works. The manufacturer is having some kind of a hold up so I'm just sitting and waiting patiently to hear back from them. It's definitely been taking much longer than expected. As soon as I hear something I'll let you guys know. When that will be, unfortunately I can't guarantee any kind of set dates.

-Mitch

Eric,

For lack of a better solution, and until Mitch can get us squared 1/4" flex shafts, here is what I am considering. Just purchase the shortest 1/4 flex shafts either squared on one end, (or squared on both ends will make two cables), purchase the adapter below, and make your own. There is plenty of room in the LawLess lower housing to accomodate this adapter below. If you solder the end, slip into this adapter, and permanently silver solder, it should be a very solid temporary solution.

1/4" Square Drive Adaptor

272694177_tp.jpg
272694188_tp.jpg

steel square adaptor for 1/4 flexible cable. Soldering needed.

In use with this adapter, one square end cable can easily be changed to both square ends.

$10.00

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Eric,Mitch,Ron, I have just caught up with this link! i take it you are trying to make up short 1/4" flexible shafts for outboards, i am in the process of getting a 1/4 scale tunnel hull built up and i was wondering about spare flex shafts for the leg and not having to get them in from overseas as i live in New Zealand so it's a bit more of a hassel for me.

I went to a local Instrument repair shop car speedos etc thinking they might have something, as i knew in the 1960's the shop where i worked did instrument repairs and they had a tool for squaring the end of the 1/8" speedo cable they had a roll of cable and you could make up one any length if you could not buy a factory one.

This shop had had a die made up and they could put a square on three other sizes one of them being 1/4" it might be worth a try to see if any of your shops can do the same.

I hope this might be of help to you all.

Kind regards and a Merry Chrismas to you all.

Len Reeves.

Hi Eric,Mitch,Ron, I have just caught up with this link! i take it you are trying to make up short 1/4" flexible shafts for outboards, i am in the process of getting a 1/4 scale tunnel hull built up and i was wondering about spare flex shafts for the leg and not having to get them in from overseas as i live in New Zealand so it's a bit more of a hassel for me.

I went to a local Instrument repair shop car speedos etc thinking they might have something, as i knew in the 1960's the shop where i worked did instrument repairs and they had a tool for squaring the end of the 1/8" speedo cable they had a roll of cable and you could make up one any length if you could not buy a factory one.

This shop had had a die made up and they could put a square on three other sizes one of them being 1/4" it might be worth a try to see if any of your shops can do the same.

I hope this might be of help to you all.

Kind regards and a Merry Chrismas to you all.

Len Reeves.
I had some made by a local company here in Oz that made flex shafts for weed wackers and speedo's etc.

Worked out kinda expensive, about $25 each from memory. The cable material used was much stiffer than the standard Lawless ones...

But yes, they certainly can make them. I would suggest supplying your own flex cable material though

Last edited by a moderator:
The ones I had made are made out of prather flex shafts and there a little more bendable. Have not tryed them let but they work good in other apps.

Yeah greg I talked with Kriss a while back he is not doing any 1/4 shafts just yet. I am now talking with John Brown about getting some cables from him and andy. They are useing sumther?? cables they are supposedly the best cable out per other boaters that have them.

hopefully will hear some thing soon.

What size is every body needing We {me and Mitch } are running G Morty lowers mitch has the new style and I am running the old style Mitches shafts seem to by just slightly longer than mine { mine are 6.5} so what I told John is to make them seven inches long with at least one inch of square on each side so we can cut them to fit witch ever application. this should work for Freds lowers also.

I have a G-morty too. I will take 10 just so I have some around. My flex shafts are about 6.750. Thanks for the help guys

Tony at Warehouse Hobbies will make cables for about eight dollars each. I tried to get him to find the more flexible cables but he has had not luck finding any. If anyone jbows where to get the really flexible 1/4 inch cable it would help.

I found a place to get 1/4 bulk flex shafts in a prather style shafts. Have Tony pm me so we can get together. Thanks

Latest posts

Back