Miss Vegas Duece Pipe length

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuck

Has anyone played around with the pipe length of a stock Miss Vegas Duece?

I slid mine closer to header about 3/16" From where it was new and gained a few Rpm's. Pretty sure pipe and header are butted up to each other

how are u measuring the pipe length??? cause there is no way to acurately measure to the center of the band....its housed in the front portion of the pipe...

I'm measuring down the centerline of the pipe from the plug to the first cone of the fatest part of the pipe. Is this the wrong way to measure?

its the correct way to measure.,,, your not wrong there,,,,,, but assuming it has a Q18 pipe??? i have to say you will not find the correct center... you physically have to cut one apart to see what i mean....... the front cone is made into a long outer sleeve,,, the rear cone is then slid into that sleeve till the cone butts up against the center band.... in other words there is no means of measuring accurately cause the center band and rear cone start can not be seen.....

if its a different pipe,,,, then you are measuring correctly........ sorry for any confusion,, this strictly applies to the super tigre Q18 pipe that comes with the duece...

alden

Gotta ya! Do you know if Aquacraft sets the pipes on the long side and would I be wasting my time shorting up the pipe length no matter what the pipe length is. More rpm's is always a good thing. I would think someone has tried this idea already and yes its Q18 pipe.

sure you can shorten it up some..play around with it though,, reason i say this is the super tigre engine makes less torque than the aqua .18 as it is.... so shortening the pipe is gonna pull more from the less it already has... as stated above he had better results lengthening the pipe... this could be due to the added torque which is a reaction from lengthening the pipe...... in all honesty,,, the most focus should be on the prop and setup of the hull.... added anything wether it be torque or rpm will gain you beans compared to a finely tuned hull and prop...... ;)

Your going to laugh, but the 3280 was my pipe of choice when i had my vegas. Thing ripped with that pipe. i could never get the AQU pipes anywhere close. Ran a Y535 prop with a shallow strut depth and the thing was on key.

Last edited by a moderator:
the 3280 is a good pipe... the 1110 and 1120 are another option... y535 is a good prop and gets faster with tweaking,.. i also agree with shallow strut depth....

Back