Miss Vegas and Deuce differences

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ken Webb

What are the differences between the 2 boats? This was discussed way back bur I can't find it.

hull design,, the sponsons are much different.... also the addition of the super tigre .18 engine,,engine mounts,,q-18 pipe.... and 2.4 radio system

Last edited by a moderator:
I think there are a few things that over lapped on the 2 boats. For sure the biggest change is the hull and with the hull also the 2.4 radio. The Miss Vegas rides higher in the water the deuce hugs the water better. I have a Mutt of sorts. It’s a stock Vegas deuce that came 2.4 with a Aqua Marine .18 it’s my goto starts every time boat. The Super Tiger Roto-Start, I think is junk, rotor start goes out quick and then sucks air causing it to run like crud. The fix buy the plate for $8 and belt start cures the issues with that motor.

Spider,

The angle on the bottom of the sponsons is higher. This helps the boat get on plane and run faster on flat water. It also allows the motor to unwind a touch.

The motor was switched to the Super Tigre 18 as well as the pipe, to a new Quiet design.

The motor is started with a Super Start (Rotary style system) but as stated above can be switched to a back plate and belt if you like. Eather work for me just fine. With the Super Start on the engine I still use a belt!.. I just have one starter to take to the pond for all my boats then.

The boat is now guided by the Trusty little Tactic 2.4G system.

Thats about it!

Enjoy!

Grimracer

My old Vegas runs much tighter on the water than my Deuce. That being said if its rough water I have an advantage. Have not run the new boat much still loving my trusty ole MS.Vegas and been kicking tail.....right Long Hair?

Our club members just bought 7 Vegas Deuces to have fun with at our club pond. What fuel do you run? What changes can we make and still consider it a stock boat?

run 30% in it... it will be just fine......seems you would have to talk to your club and see whats allowed to be done to it... otherwise you can put the standard back plate on it,,,and start it with a belt....you can also play with button shims...

The Tower site tells of hop up parts, GR prop and turn fin are all thats needed. I run GR 50% run them rich belt sttart them. Double check shaft alignment and your pretty good to go. Mike Starrett on here makes a wooden replacement radio box if wanted

I dont want to sound like im knockin the Deuce one bit, as i dont even have one, but guys that have run em seem to have a hard time keepin em on the water...i know that the ones i seen seem to have alot of transom depth, which makes em ride high on the water...maybe its just a setup issue....i know i still love my old school Vegas as it seems to run stable regardless of water conditions...its been a great little old boat that ive had ALOTof fun with.....again im not knockin the Duece, im just going by the ones that ive seen run and talkin to a few guys who have em! Peace! :)

The Tower site tells of hop up parts, GR prop and turn fin are all thats needed. I run GR 50% run them rich belt sttart them. Double check shaft alignment and your pretty good to go. Mike Starrett on here makes a wooden replacement radio box if wanted
I can build some if anybody wants one...or two. Thanks Mike, Mike

I dont want to sound like im knockin the Deuce one bit, as i dont even have one, but guys that have run em seem to have a hard time keepin em on the water...i know that the ones i seen seem to have alot of transom depth, which makes em ride high on the water...maybe its just a setup issue....i know i still love my old school Vegas as it seems to run stable regardless of water conditions...its been a great little old boat that ive had ALOTof fun with.....again im not knockin the Duece, im just going by the ones that ive seen run and talkin to a few guys who have em! Peace! :)

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Back