Miss Unlimited

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shawn

Hi,

I am currently working on a Dumas Miss Unlimited 36" wood kit. I was going to build the 36" Atlas Van lines U-1 but decided I really want a out rigger. I plan on building my rigger soon.

I thought it best to build the Miss Unlimited first to get back into building before I statrt my Hawk, kind of a practice build. What engine and what muffler would you recomend for the Miss Unlimited kit? Also, should I go with the Dumas hardware? If not, whose hardware should I use.

What kind of a drive system should I use? Should I go with a straight shaft or a flex cable adjustable system?

Any other tips on building or set up I would greatly appreciate.

Thanks,

Shawn

Shawn

I would go with a mack motor with a speedmaster rudder and a Aeromarine stainless strut. Also go with a flex shaft. KEN

Shawn,

Ken is right with the exception of the MAC motor. It would be too much for the Miss Unlimited hull. The boat is so narrow that the torque from a K&B .40 will roll it over to the right while accelerating. If you add enough weight to the left side to counteract the torque, then it would roll over the left in the turns. There is just no happy medium with this hull.

Perhaps something smaller like the OS Max .32 would be better. Some have even suggested a hot .21.

Dennis

Id have to agree with Dennis, I built one of these hulls a number of years ago, and it is definately outdated as far as todays standards are concerned. I think a strong .21 would be sufficient in providing a fun factor. A modern .45 would be way overpowered. The wood in this kit sucks(to put it kindly). take your time with it, it needs lots of sanding to get it to fit together properly. definately go with a flex to make thing easier...

~James

I race with Ken and i think that he was likey thinking about the MAC21. We have had and do have the Miss Unlimited (shortened) running in Sport20. Heck they dont do to bad eather.

ROCKON

Grim

Back