Member Ranking / post count

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

TomMoorehouse

Ok with the new board comes new titles / member rankings The new ranking titles are as follows..... and input on the names / counts I chose is encouraged...... they might not be the best.

0-74 = Newbie

75-249 = Beginner Boater

250-499 = Boater

500-999 = Club Racer

1000-1499 = National Racer

1500+ = World racer

I figure the higher number gives you guys something to shoot for again..... if you think this was the wrong idea or have better names I'm open to ideas..... I just wanted to make it different than the default scheme.

Tom

Isn't "newbie" & "beginner boater" kinda the same thing?? How about-

boater

club racer

regional racer

national racer

world racer

Hate to think all my posts will just get me to a beginner boater? :blink: :blink: :blink:

EatMyShortsRacing said:
Hmmm I should be World Racer for racing in Australia and the US (4 times!!!)
EMS Racing Hell yes I brag!!!
Craig,

You would qualify as an American wouldn't you? you race more over there than in Oz :lol: :lol: :lol: . Will we see ya at the nat's??

Tim.

How about doing away with the rankings? Yeah, I miss being a YaBB God but it's hard seeing people like Andy, Don and Al being listed as Noobs.

I have now just over 1,200 postings but I'm dumb as a rock compared to these minds!

How about a Master rank that you could automatically bestow upon those that deserve it if you decide to keep the rankings?

Why not despense with the titles and just go with the boxes for number of posts to the forum.

Hey it's no big deal really. I was thinkin' if I keep up my current pace I'll be a world racer by spring.................if I don't wear off my fingertips first! :blink:

It's all good, just helpin' out whatever way little 'ol newbie me can! :D :D :D

Last edited by a moderator:
It would be nice if the real experienced people on here had a special title so us true newbies could recognise that we're getting reliable info when reading answers to questions, something like "Resident Prop Guru" or "Tunnel Master" etc etc, something that kind of tells what that particular persons specialty is. I'll still be a Newbie experience wise, long after I reach World Racer status on the board. So it would be benificial for other newbies to know who the real pro's are. Just my thoughts. :)

[SIZE=14pt]All the pro's know who they are! I don't think they need a special title since me and you envy them already LOL[/SIZE]

How about instead of "Newbie" it be "Pit man"

next would be "Boater", "club racer" etc....

WAAHOOO!!! I just made it to "beginner boater" :p

...and I did it in 8 days!

Boy I feel special now .... :D

As a semi-newbie, it certainly is/was difficult to differentiate "The Masters" from "Sir Post a Lot". This is not specific to this board, it is a general issue.

You could allow the poster to select their own title, on another board "Just a Rookie" is well known as a master.

A designated title for the recognized masters would be terrific for the newcommers, then again how does one grant that status without slighting another?

Ray

PropNut said:
As a semi-newbie, it certainly is/was difficult to differentiate "The Masters" from "Sir Post a Lot". This is not specific to this board, it is a general issue.
You could allow the poster to select their own title, on another board "Just a Rookie" is well known as a master.

A designated title for the recognized masters would be terrific for the newcommers, then again how does one grant that status without slighting another?

Ray
the titles are a measure of a persons post count..... nothing more. if a person wants to say something about themself to establish themself as an "expert" they can do so in their signature i suppose.

you can do a lot with your signature if you know how.... i believe you can even use a macromedia flash component.

Latest posts

Back