Melbourne Fla 1979 1/8 Scale

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KenOlvis

Found this picture 1978 Melbourne Fla. Left side Mike Olvis, Sam An Young pic of myself.

20160128_201214-1.jpg

We need a LIKE button - very cool
default_cool.png

I just found pictures from 78-80 most are slides ill be transfering to posting here please post what you have also.

This picture is good friend Jay Maguire's Pay n Pak

20160128_204232-1.jpg

I have a few slides of Herb (Mr.Bud) an is truck with Bud paint scheme on it dang this pick go back awhile lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Pic of my younger brother

Jacksville 1st place 1980 1/8 scale Red Man U-81

20160128_205733-1.jpg

Think this site maybe Barto Fla or Plantation
Man Those are great ! I raced in Fla. with all those guys in the day ! Ricky Stewart, Gus Johnson. Art Mc Dougall ! Those were the days ! Good to see Um !
Found this picture that my father used to diplay with is 2nd RedMan U -81 That he built an never raced he had it registered till 1990 that I knew.He lost interest in the hobby after my bothet an I left home.sold off all his gear mid 80's an sold this registered boat late 90's.1/8 Scale hydro Registration District III

CHAIRMAN Art McDougall

20160130_125147-1.jpg

Man Those were the Days ! I was in that club, I can name everyone in that Pic ! I still raced monos back them ! Wonderfull seeing them !

This is so cool! I grew up in Melbourne FL, my dad still lives there. I remember him taking to me watch the boat races (I think off Sarno Rd) when I was a kid, pretty sure that's what got me hooked. I just remember it being the coolest thing ever. Thanks for the pics.

This is so cool! I grew up in Melbourne FL, my dad still lives there. I remember him taking to me watch the boat races (I think off Sarno Rd) when I was a kid, pretty sure that's what got me hooked. I just remember it being the coolest thing ever. Thanks for the pics.
That ways the site off Sarno rd it was a dirt road.at the end of the road they had

Airboat racing a few times I remember.I hope to make it back to Melbourne.after 35 years away im sure things have changed.

Back