MC6 (NAMBA Nat’s) schedule

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Climate Boatworks

Thanks to Terry Davis and the entire MMEU crew for getting the class schedule together for the MC6.

This is going to be the largest fast electric race ever held.

If you only attend one event this year, this should be the one.

post-1-1108488665.jpg

Home page for MC6

http://www.mmeu.com/nationals/default.htm

Great job guys.

Peter R.

www.climatemodels.com

Thanks Ron,

Yep that's the one. Our drivers stand is directly across from where you are standing. There will be 1600 sq.ft. of pit tent on each side of the drivers stand. Each tent will have (6) 20 amp circuits. Basically we set up right in front of the gaurd shack. We can theive power from the fountain pump house and the gaurd shack. The Camp Dearborn people have been fantastic. They actually built and brought right to our tent a monster power panel. No generators purring away.

The spot where Ron took the picture from is about 517 ft. from the RV Camp site if anyone is interested in that. I think I've counted 8 of us so far that are staying up on the hill. Should be big fat stinky fun in the evenings. LOL Camp fires and barbeque grills going. There's a brand new shower house right in the middle of the RV Camp too.

Come on out. We'll do smores. LOL

If you haven't been there before, you'll like the place. Lights all around the pond, a concession stand nearby with good (but normally pricy) food. Plenty to do on-site. Dances every night by the concession stand, a very nice 27 hole Golf course (ask Bob and Karen Kensill about that), paddle boats and a pond for swimming besides the pool.

The Campground is patrolled by the Oakland County Sheriff's Dept. but you can get away with quite a bit before they have you tone things down.

There is a MacDonald's and Taco Bell 1-1/4 miles from the site and some classy places in Milford. It's a small town but very up-scale. We got to know the surroundings pretty well when we stayed there for a week at the `03 Internats.

I have more pix of the Campgrounds if anyone would need some.

So I guess we can expect to see you there in June eh Ron?

I certainly would not miss a good chance to razz you about that rigger you have been working on for 4 years. Are you ever going to kit that thing or are you scared that a Firefighter .12 will put out it's flame? :p

Peter R.

Yeah Peter, I might just have to make the drive up there for at least a day.

We have the kits on hold right now waiting for Marty to send Wade an updated design, faster, lighter and easier to build than the one that we have now.

A word of warning if the drivers area is going to be on the east side of the pond. There is a pipe that runs out into the water that you have to watch out for, I found out the hard way. The Park can adjust the water level of the pond so if you can, have them raise it.

Ron,

That's the same spot we setup last year. The park pulled all that piping out od the water for us. The water was 6" below the concrete. It was pretty sweet.

Latest posts

Back